Effects artist Interview Questions

Effects Artist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Coach Ross Angeles
Visual Effects Artist was asked...November 19, 2019

He Showed me what I would Get In Place of College Credit and Asked If That was Okay?

I said Yes That Works For Me

DreamWorks Animation

One team leader asked me what was my preferred rendering algorithm and why.

1 Answers

I flubbed this answer, but looking back and after joining the company, the supervisor was curious about familiarity about different types of rendering techniques including scan line, ray casting, ray tracing, REYES, etc and your experiences with different rendering packages including examples of problems and workarounds with them. Less

Hydraulx

How are you different than all the other applicants?

I guess I'm not...

DreamWorks Animation
Effects Artist was asked...September 21, 2020

Explain the process of a shot on your demo reel.

Went through what I did.

LanceSoft

Not Applicable, did not proceed

Infinity Ward

Really the interview was a pleasant chat within professionals looking to accomplish great things together!

Velan Studios

What experience do you have in realtime?

Digital Extremes

Asked me various questions on particle based visual effects and shader/texture map work. For example, how would I create an explosion effect, various magic spell effects, etc.

Blizzard Entertainment

What games do you play? What do you like about them? How would you improve it? If you play WoW, what is one thing you do to improve it? If it's starcraft, what would you do to make it better?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interview Questions

See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs

3d generalistdigital art directorfx artisttechnical director2d artistvfx artistdigital artistlighting artist