Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Find jobs for developer

Developer Interview Questions

8,883

developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

implement sqrt without using math libray

9 Answers

e^((ln(x))/2)

I think exp and ln still require a Math library. How about using Newton's method to find the root of f(x) = x^2 - a, where x is the solution (the sought square root) and where a is the number for which you want to find the square root?

I would have implemented either Taylor or MacLaurin series, centered at an integer number that is closest to the number that you want to find the square root for, such that the square root of this integer is clean. So if you wanted to find the square root of 8.5, I would centre the series at 9 (sqrt(9) = 3), then compute the series at that point. I'd probably choose between 8 and 10 terms, as that is what is used in any scientific calculator.

Recently I attended the interview at Google and I was asked "You are given a sorted list of disjoint intervals and an interval, e.g. [(1, 5), (10, 15), (20, 25)] and (12, 27). Your task is to merge them into a sorted list of disjoint intervals: [(1, 5), (10, 27)]."

9 Answers

Your on a farm, and your in a field with horses and you have a fence that you have to repair. But you left your hammer back at the house, what do you do? Remember the fence is broken and you cannot leave it alone otherwise the horses will escape.

7 Answers

Write a function that divides one number by another, without using the division operator, and make it better than O(n).

7 Answers

They asked a lot of iOS questions, and some general programming questions. The first question they asked was so obscure that I didn't even really understand it. I was probably dead from that point on. Another question was to figure out a way to combine three lists of items where an item would be placed in a destination array if it existed in any two of the source arrays.

6 Answers

A few questions on basic command-line syntax in Unix shells: 1. How would you log output and error messages from a command to a file? 2. How would you run the same command on every file in a directory? 3. How would you find the PID of a named process (say if you wanted to kill it)?

6 Answers

Guessing game - I pick a number between 1 and 100 and you are trying to guess it. Every time you query a number I tell you if it is higher or lower. Part 1- Write the code of it, if cost of querying a number is equal. Part 2- How about if cost of querying number x is x? How would you change the algorithm?

7 Answers

Given a Binary Search Tree with integers at every node and an integer k, write code that decides whether or not there exists two nodes a and b such that a+b=k

6 Answers

1. To add an HTTP request to the search engine, then log a result depending on the# of pages and requirements. 2. Use DP to implement a Knapsack-like problem. Restrictions on time complexity. 3. Implement a to-do list's delete method on website.

5 Answers

Very very hard, they ask you to do a poker project for 8 hours and give no feedback after and ask you to leave

5 Answers