Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Designer Interview Questions

1,496

Designer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Would you say the iPhone is a competitor to the Blackberry

5 Answers

No. There are two different types of industries, iPhone is consumer and Blackberry is business. People take BB users seriously when in a boardroom.

It just goes to show how history teaches lessons - That was a good answer at the time and it was the right answer because that's what RIM wanted the truth to be. Not surprised they offered you the job.

Thanks Ooops! It was clear they were nervous, and i have to say the opportunity is still there for RIM, but their competitors are not iPhone, its Samsung, HTC, Windows8. Those are the real challenges for them. If you have a LinkedIn profile let me know

What languages am I familiar with and how comfortable am I at modifying code?

2 Answers

Unexpected question: write a script to perform pattern matching with certain keywords for each line in a file.

2 Answers

Difference between a latch and a flipflop

2 Answers

Why do you want this position?

1 Answer

What is your greatest fault?

1 Answer

Three switches needs to be matched with three light bulbs in the other room that you cannot see into. You can only go into the room once. Initially the bulbs are turned off.

1 Answer

The interview is personalized and strongly dependent on background.

1 Answer

They asked if I was good at speaking and making presentations in front of clientele.

1 Answer

Nothing difficult, just lots of relating to scenarios. They wanted to know how you'd respond in meetings and presentations and reviews. From what I gathered, they wanted someone who could explain work well, but not be rude or argumentative and offend the higher ups if your work wasn't approved. Heard about lots of well meaning plans, which ended up being nonsense in reality.

110 of 1,496 Interview Questions