Software Engineer Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor.ca

Software Engineer Interview Questions in Canada

2,180

Software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

find the missing number from a number series from 1 to a milion read in from a db.

two coding questions, 75 mins, Data Structures

1 Answer

2 hrs long. 1 hour with 2 software developers. Talked about my past experience and some about the projects that they are working on. Asked for an algorithmic questions and asked to write the code. Not too difficult, was done in about 15-20 minutes. Talked about edge cases, what could go wrong etc. 1 hour with VP engineering and another SW developer. Asked several behavioral and other types of questions geared on my recent projects.

1 Answer

What is a database lock? Could you list and explain every subtype of database lock?

Name 5 datastructures.

1 Answer

What makes you think you would be a good fit at Xandros?

1 Answer

Using a language of your preference, write a method that returns the most common character in a string.

2 Answers

Programming language questions are always the toughest to me as not only languages are evaluated (easy) but now frameworks are also deeply evaluated (tougher for me). That being said, I think the right lighter weight was assigned to these knowing that one can catch-up if the language basis is strong. I was also asked to produce a PowerPoint to present and gave it 2-3 days to prepare it and feel good about the quality of what I have produced. The hiring manager was presented the PowerPoint and we interacted on that basis during a complete hour.

1 Answer

I was asked questions in the areas of data structures, graphs, and architectures.

1 Answer

How would you handle multiple tasks at a time ?

2 Answers