autoTRADER.ca Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 44 interviews

Recruiter5%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

autoTRADER.ca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca

Interview

It was a standard type interview with the manager and HR present, quite friendly and no really unexpected questions. I was given an easy software proficiency test after and told to wait for someone to call the next day if I got the job.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your experience level withAdobe products.
    Answer Question

autoTRADER.ca

Application

I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca

Interview

Interviewed by three senior managers including the local team's manager and his boss. I was asked to prepare a sales presentation, which I gave to the interviewers using powerpoint. The interviewers played the roles of customers and gave objections, to see how I would overcome them. After this part, I was asked questions about my past work experience and my goals. Finally, I was invited to ask questions about the role and the company.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe my understanding of Google Search ads.
1 person found this interview helpful

autoTRADER.ca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca

Interview

Process was just over 2 weeks. First round was over the phone with HR. They were polite and quick. Asked the basic questions first. Second interview with HR lead and hiring mgr. Would highly recommend to research on how you can the company improve its features to meet business objectives. Final case study presentation with hiring mgr, another sr mgr, analytics director and sr analysts. Positive experience overall. Guidance and timely responses throughout the interview which I can't say for other companies. The hiring manager took time to explain why they made their decision. Even though I took the weekend to complete the case study, the team made time to answer questions/concerns I had.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

autoTRADER.ca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca

Interview

First round was over the phone. They were polite and quick. Asked the basic questions first. I managed to get a second interview later. People should do research on the company when going into an interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2020

Interview

Very quick process, 2 interviews and I was offered the role. Professional interviewers and recruitment knew the role and the questions to ask and didn't waste any time.

Interview Questions
  • We discussed at length my technical ability but also about my culture fit and what I was looking for in a leader and manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Montreal, QC) in Jul 2019

Interview

J'ai ete appele plusieurs fois par le recruteur de l'entreprise pour definir mon profil. Cette etape a ete faite avec un tres grand professionnalisme, serieux et bienveillance. L'experience fut braiment agreable. Ensuite, nous nous sommes rendu a l'entretien en personne avec les principaux dirigeants pour le poste. L'interaction fut extremement interressante et enrichissante, l'ambiance etait agreable et donne vraiment de faire partie de la compagnie.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

autoTRADER.ca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the HR person and proceeded with an in-person interview at the head office with an HR rep and manager of the team. The office environment was corporate professional. Interview process was very straight forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Vancouver, BC) in May 2019

Interview

4 interviews, 3 phone calls, 1 in person. 1 with direct manager, 2 with VPs, 1 with account director. Was alright, had to take a test after too but it was easy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Toronto, ON) in May 2019

Interview

Applied online. received a screening call from the HR. Was invited for an In-person interview in the same week. The interviewer had a very good idea what he wants. He had an extreme bias towards metrics/numbers and I thought they were looking for "horses for courses". Came out with a feeling this was not a right fit either and anyways would not want to work in such an environment.

Interview Questions
  • fairly straight forward. very focused on the job description and nothing else was discussed.

autoTRADER.ca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca in Apr 2019

Interview

Cold Call phone interview speaking about the role and not many questions were asked, immediately setup for a face to face interview a day later. Recruiter was quite nice over the phone, however when it came to following up she disappeared, which was quite unprofessional. I sat down with HR VP and Manager of that department, they asked questions regarding my career goals/resume and how my skills would apply for that role. Asked me customer service questions which were standard. Explained the role and I asked a few questions. Notably, they said they would be making a decision within 4-5 days and would let me know regardless. So 4-5 days pass....I give it a few extra days to follow up so a week later, I follow up with the initial phone recruiter via e-mail. Waited....No response. No problem, people are busy and it is understandable, as many recruiters I've dealt with end up following up within a few days. So I waited another week...sent another follow up asking for any type of feedback, even if I did not get the role, just so I could focus my attention to other potential jobs. No response....it has been a week since I sent the 2nd follow up, guess I didn't get the job after all, but it would be courteous to respond saying "We have filled the role with but would be open to opportunities in the future" etc....Now because of this experience, I don't think I'll be applying here ever again. I've worked with more than 10+ recruiters in my lengthy career, and 9/10 times, they at least give feedback/follow up even if I didn't get the role. This is the 1 time where the interview experience was great but then once they see they will not be proceeding, they will ignore you at every turn, even if you were professional with them from the moment the process begun.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews