Assistant professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Assistant professor Interview Questions

assistant professor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How will you make sure that all students are on board ( knows all the basic material of the course) when the class size is large and students are at different stages of the learning curve?

1 Answer

It will be customized based on the student's need. For those who are at the initial stage of the learning curve (LC), I will offer them 1:1 session and give them a lot of practice exercises. For those who are at the middle stage, I will do some extra tutorial classes and practice exercises with them and help them understand the concepts. For those who wishes to know above and beyond, I will refer them to other advance reference books. In all these three cases, feed back will be a continuous thing and it will be in the form of classroom feedback, office hours, email, skype and telephone. So, engage all students in the process and tailor it according to their needs.

Courses I wanted to teach

1 Answer

What courses could you imagine teaching here?

1 Answer

How would new faculty work to get research grants.

where do you see yourself in 5 years

1 Answer

What courses would you teach? Why are you a good fit? How can you make your research focus more on Canada?

1 Answer

Usual questions about where I worked and how I handled classroom management

1 Answer

What is your teaching methodology?

1 Answer

my background in research, my background in education, the reason for applying for this specific job, my goals in the future, my research line, my experience in supervising postgraduate students, my publications

1 Answer

What would you put on our comprehensive exam syllabus?

110 of 24 Interview Questions