Zenoss, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

Interviews at Zenoss, Inc.

Positive63%
Negative19%
Neutral19%
Applied online57%
Recruiter21%
Other7%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zenoss, Inc.

Zenoss, Inc.

Application

I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc. in Jan 2020

Interview

First part is coding test which is given through email. There is 3 questions, which is fairly easy. Second part is whole day onsite interview where you meet different teams and management.

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc. (Austin, TX) in May 2019

Interview

I didn't think I was particularly suited to the role, but I was encouraged to apply anyway because of my capacity to pick up new information with speed, so I did. I was invited to a video screen where we got to know a little bit about each other, followed by a technical screening. Although I wasn't very knowledgeable about the questions asked, the interviewers were very nice and accommodating. I think I would have liked working there. Thank you for giving me a fair chance and good luck with the interview process and candidate selection. I am rating the interview as "very difficult" on a very personal basis; I don't feel like it would be terribly difficult for someone with a support background.

Interview Questions
  • General Linux CLI questions, MySQL questions, some basic troubleshooting
2 people found this interview helpful

Zenoss, Inc.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc.

Interview

It was a very long interview process, with multiple interactions. I had one on one meetings with many people at different levels - including the CEO. Most of these meetings were via Skype, with only the local meetings being face-to-face. Part of this process also included a detailed technical interview I was required to do a presentation to a group of geographically dispersed people on a "relevant" topic of my choosing.

Interview Questions
  • What is my favorite Linux command, and why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc. (Austin, TX) in Mar 2017

Interview

*** Update *** I did hear back from the HR Recruiter last week, apologizing for not getting back to me sooner and not making any excuses for it. That really meant a lot to me. They decided to continue with other candidates, which I surmised, but the feedback they offered was very much appreciated. They also provided the form for me to submit expenses. They fact that they did eventually get back to me spoke volumes. Everyone has moments where they rethink things or get so busy that the important things slip by. ================================================================================= My initial phone interview w/ their HR Recruiter went very well, and was followed up by a phone interview the following day with the hiring mgr. Over an hour in length, we both felt it went very well. The following day, another call with the HR Recruiter confirmed this; it was request that I come to Austin, TX the following week, for a day of interviews with senior managers. They had a sense of urgency, trying to fill the position prior to their global conference. I worked out family logistics to make a 5am flight to Austin, with plans to fly back late afternoon, picking up my kids @ 8pm that same evening. The day consisted of 4 interviews plus lunch (5hrs), with senior managers and the hiring manager. While some of the questions were challenging, I felt that overall it went well. The last meeting was a debrief with the same HR Recruiter, promising I'd hear back in 4 business days. After 9 business days and 2 email inquiries to the same HR Recruiter, I had received no response, including their offer to reimburse my travel expenses. Here's the thing: I was attracted to Zenoss because they are known for their Core Values, particularly "Customers for Life", and I do think it shows. But you can’t be great for your customers if you’re not great for your employees, to include those you are pursuing. Based on my experience, I would be cautious in entertaining an interview request from Zenoss, let alone a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience selling six-figure software licensing deals into the enterprise?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc. (Austin, TX) in Feb 2017

Interview

Recruiter was great. Vp seemed lost. Didn't really need to hire anyone so was a waste of my time. role was open for some time and was being taken down.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zenoss, Inc.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc.

Interview

Had some back and forth on setting up a phone screen with the recruiter as she rescheduled at the last minute. During the phone screen the recruiter seemed very excited about my background and promised to follow up. She never reached out again despite my several attempts and I did not hear from her again. Would have appreciated a response or an update.

Interview Questions
  • Typical HR screening interviews based on past experience, salary expectations and career goals.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

Interview

The setup was a little intimidating. 1 phone interview, 3 interviews the first day, 2 on the second. The first real interview was with the tech staff. Pretty good guys just laughing a ton. The second was with the same manager that was originally on the phone call, not a lot extra happening there. The third was with his boss, an extremely pleasant and smart woman who was personable and led you to different topics. She was easy to read in that you could tell what she really wanted to hire, so I suspect that people who don't get through her have some kind of legitimate reason to not work there. The second interview day puts you right front and center with their CEO, and holy crap was this guy smart. He made me want to pick his brain for hours. But really, he just seemed to want to get an idea of who you are and he was very nice too.

Interview Questions
  • Basically the only technical issue they asked was for me to think of every single problem a customer could have that would interfere with displaying a website after the customer added something to a shopping cart.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc. (Austin, TX) in Jun 2016

Interview

Recruiter call and then Hiring manager call followed by a pre scheduled coding test. Very arrogant and bad attitude in the interview. Code tests are easy. I did both right and got expected results. But after the code test got an email saying not moving forward. I wasted 3h of my valuable time for the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc. (Austin, TX) in May 2016

Interview

There was a phone screening with HR, with a few technical questions. Then a phone interview with the manager that was hiring, a similar phone interview with another manager in the same position, The third interview was a technical interview with 4 people (one manager and 3 Customer Support Engineers). Last interview was mostly a meet and great with people higher up in the company. If you get to the fourth interview, you're most likely going to get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • How do you check current memory usage?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenoss, Inc. (Austin, TX) in Oct 2015

Interview

Interview had a Manager round initially, after this we will be given two coding questions to solve in span of 2hours. Once we clear this round they called me for an onsite interview in Austin,TX. First round was with a group of 4 members - design questions. design panel expected 10+ yrs exp person kinda answers and 1 person in that was very very rude. Bad attitude. 3rd round was with manager and then followed by an interview with VP. They donot settle any bills/expenses of travelling. Total turn off!

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews