ZS Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at ZS Associates

1,464 Interview Reviews

3.4

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. I gave mine and was met with a time that no longer worked. I proposed a window with alternatives and never heard back. Both their ability to be flexible and communication seems to be lacking.

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

First round - 30 min (Case) + 30 min (Behavioral) with different interviewers. If the first round was cleared, then there were a line of interviews with the top management which was considered as second round. Interviewers were very kind and were punctual to start and end the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to help your colleague?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a about a time when you failed as a team?   1 Answer

Decision Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral, heard back from HR within a few days and set up an initial conversation and a first round phone interview within a couple of weeks. Final round interview (virtual due to Covid-19) a couple of weeks after that. Very prompt responses from HR/hiring staff. HR also walked me through the interview process and what they look for.
    First round consists of 1 structured case and a behavioral interview. Structured case is almost like a problem set, you are given some data and are asked to calculate some metrics (market size, penetration etc) and the interviewer will ask about the approach, alternative ways, brainstorming questions etc. Behavioral was pretty standard and asked about teaming, work under pressure etc. Review behavioral questions from Glassdoor, they ask a lot of the same questions.

Final round consists of 1 structured case, 1 unstructured case, 1 deep dive and behavioral interview. Structured case was similar to first round but more intense, you are given 1 hour to solve a few problems (Excel/calculator allowed) and structure your analyses and later walk the interviewer through your approach. Unstructured was a curve ball about algorithm for ride sharing company, and I needed a few prompts before getting into it. Deep dive is basically a deeper probing into a few projects you have done, assumptions used, how you solved problems etc. Behavioral is similar and standard.

Didnt get the offer and they seemed hesitant with providing feedback which was a bit odd considering the very open-minded communication earlier.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you develop an objective and algorithm for a ride sharing app for a self driving car?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you chose between the right decision and the popular decision
      Interest in ZS, why consulting etc.
      Example of work under stress, prioritizing projects
      How do you manage client expectations and relationship when there is a lot of back and forth communication regarding goals and expenses for the project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Three interviews: one behavior, one unstructured case, and one structured case. Behavior interview was pretty standard. Structured case was pretty math-intensive. Unstructured case was about self-driving cars. Each interview was for thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

Interview

- One 30 minute informational with recruiter: lovely woman with helpful feedback
    - One 30 minute behavioral with manager: super casual and just easy get to know you questions with a couple of "give me an example of a time..."
    - One 30 minute case interview: 5 slides of a basic M&A case...they show you slides and you have to either give a brief analysis of what you see (trends or recommendations if this was your client) or fill in the rest of the data in a chart...be familiar with business equations from "case in point" as well as other general ones like break even equations. I bombed this interview because I was just not properly prepared and froze up looking at a bunch of data. They expect you to be able to do quick math and be accurate about it, so prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• 1. Give me a brief summary of your background.
      2. Tell me about a time things did not work out as planned how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

5 interviews and an example project presentation.

Be sure to understand what the role is before burning time on the process. Job description was never clear to me throughout.

Interview Questions

• General questions on subject matter, business development, roles and responsibilities, present an example of a project you managed   Answer Question

User Experience Research Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates in April 2020.

Interview

Cons:
    ZS is in the top 10% of interview workload and bottom 10% on clarity of expectations.
    ZS process comes off as impersonal and abuses candidate time.

Pros:
    1. Hiring manager is moderately responsive to the clarifying questions that are necessary given the minimal/contradictory expectations presented.
    2. The people I interviewed with showed up with authenticity and interest in their work

5 Application Process Steps:
    1. they ask for portfolio or work samples
    2. recruiter interview
    3. hiring manager interview
    4. live whiteboard challenge- ie "hiring manager describes a business and UX problem the team's facing, you have 20 minutes to sketch an action plan and 10 minutes to walk her through the action plan."
    5. create a slide deck that walks through prior work in detail with 45 min of speaking content. present deck to panel of 7

Interview Questions

• Expected STAR answers to behavioral interview questions-
      Situation, Task, Action, Results

Share an anecdote about how you work with smart people from different disciplines?
      Share an anecdote about a time when you managed conflict and misunderstanding working across disciplines?

tell me about a time when you introduced cross-functional stakeholders to new UX methods?

what interests you about this job?
      what concerns you about this job?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

One case one behavioral one unstructured case. Office setting. Business suit. Very nice. Official and not all intense. On campus really helpful. All nice. Super nice. Just nice all around. Nice nice nice nice

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2020.

Interview

first interview - screening, 2nd - 30 min behavioral , 30 min case study, 3rd (final) - 3 hour with behavioral and case study components. You work with the hiring manager which schedules the whole process for you and the each component of the interview is conducted by a different person who could be from various offices/ practices. The case study is not necessarily based on the practice you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Challenges you've overcome, a time where you failed and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Data Sciene Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Worst Hiring Process as the recruiter told me that the position is closed after taking the whole interview and after grinding for 40 mins and then they gave the call to my friend on the very next day

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      tell me if you are comfortable working with different location   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.