YM Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

YM Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at YM Inc.

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Ontario, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Lots of retail designed questions based on personality, critical-thinking and organization. It was smooth and the interviewer was taking down notes as I spoke to her. I had no experience coming into the interview but was hired anyway

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Ontario, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online was then called by HR for an initial phone interview, was then called back for an in person interview with two people about three days later. Was not selected to move forward

Interview Questions

• Explain one occasion where you had an unsatisfied customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Interview

long long process very easy question though. phone interview and on site. takes three weeks. very long process and not sure if it has to be this long process. on sites take place in edmonton and it is not too bad.

Ecommerce Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I received an email to invite for phone interview with HR. After a phone interview, I was invited to the office with two direct managers.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

After applying to the position, I received an email requesting to set up a time for a phone interview. Directly after the phone interview I was asked when I would be able to attend an in person interview. Once I attended the in person interview the process was really short. Just verified some small details and passed me onto HR to complete the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON) in November 2018.

Interview

First, contacted by email. Then, schedule a phone interview. Interviewed by phone, the regular phone screening. Then, interviewed in person by the department manager. The process was fairly quick, as they are always needing people and tend to need people on an urgent basis because there's too much work to be done.

Interview Questions

• What are the current fashion trends? What are the skills necessary for the job? Also, there's a math test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online via Indeed and was contacted by the HR manager via email and scheduled a phone interview. I think that went very well and Sara was great to talk to and very helpful. She then scheduled an in-person interview with the department manager and buyer at YM. When I arrived, I had to wait 45 minutes because they couldn't find the dept manager, which I thought was super unprofessional and unorganized.

The office atmosphere was very dark and warehouse-like since there are no windows in that area. The interview felt very rushed, I was cut-off many times as I was answering questions (and I wasn't rambling, I had through answers prepared). The questions themselves were not that difficult as I have some buying and a lot of retail experience (some were role-specific, some were behavioural and some were situational). When I asked questions at the end, one-word answers were given and I just felt like they wanted me to end the interview and leave. Also, there was a math quiz with about 10 questions, mostly covering percentages and markups.

Overall, the interview felt as cold as the office atmosphere itself... it wasn't a welcoming environment at all. I did not leave with a good feeling and even though I didn't get an offer, I wouldn't have accepted it anyway.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best person for the job?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle multi-tasking and a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer
    • What makes a great buyer?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The interviewer was a bit rude I found. Before I even sat down on the chair, the interviewer started asking me interview questions. The questions were not difficult - some fashion and design questions. They said there was going to be a test - which was 2 tasks. I finished them sent them within a week - after 1 month, I still have no response from HR or the interviewer. The experience with YM inc. was every unprofessional.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON) in June 2017.

Interview

the process was fairly quick and easy. There was an Initial phone call screening, interview was insanely long - 2hrs - required a "test", which included naming all the provinces and lots of situational questions for the job. Called me an hour after to tell me i got the job.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON) in May 2017.

Interview

There were
    Phone interview briefly why I am looking for this job, Manager interview with skill test and then President interview on the other day.
    I got an offer in a week but started the job 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this job   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.