Xoom Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Xoom

Xoom

Application

I interviewed at Xoom

Interview

4 interviews with several people but it was great all of them súper friendly and very smooth conversation each interview is with a higher ranked boss x x x x x x x x x x x c

Interview Questions
  • How you manage performance for your team
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2019

Interview

Initial call with recruiter followed by a call with the hiring manager then a 4 hour onsite. Interview process was not very challenging, lots of talking about past experiences and not enough tech deep dives. Never heard back from a recruiter or manager after the onsite. Would expect at least a generic rejection email or phone call after spending half a day of my personal time there.

Interview Questions
  • General questions about past experiences, a couple of general programming questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xoom (New York, NY) in Dec 2018

Interview

It is a long process. It will take you almost one and a half day to get your Job Offer. They need a excellent communicator customer service because that is the number one thing that the employee will do when they are hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2018

Interview

Reached out to via LinkedIn. PayPal recruiter asked me via email to fill out a list of questions about Java and work experience. Handed off to a recruiting coordinator. Recruiting coordinator set a time for me in the first message (we hadn't talked yet, and I didn't give availability) Interviewer never called. RC was on PTO and did not respond. Rescheduled, given a refactoring task via Google docs. The engineering manager on the call went on mute to give me time to "think". Overall call went okay, a weird experience. Recruiting coordinator said it "actually went well" and asked for dates for an on-site. Gave dates and she never responded after that. Just a odd experience and I'm glad that I had a backlog of companies that I'm more interested in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2017

Interview

2 rounds. One technical round for an hour where we need to implement a data structure from scratch, like implement stack from scratch and other was a design question which was also for an hour and we had to come up with an algo to improve the performance of a day-to-day thing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Xoom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xoom in Sep 2016

Interview

Had a phone screen with the hiring manager. He was south american and one of the most awkward people i've ever interviewed with. 2 things stood out from this experience 1) he spent at least 20 of the scheduled 30 minutes talking about the company. i knew everything he was telling me from my research and familiarity with the industry. im ok with that but what was a semi red flag was that he was taking up all the time when he should be vetting me no? he did graciously ask if we can go over. we ended up going an hour. 2) he had me go over an example from my past but got so hung up on my pronouns. i understand you want to know what i specifically did vs team/others but at least let me finish the story. he must've interrupted me at least 7 times to start over. i was soooooooo close to just hanging up and ive NEVER been that close to doing so. plus its just rude. i dont know if it was his english skills perhaps? (i'm a minority myself). in the 75 or so interviews ive done and recounts of my professional experiences, ive never come anything close to this experience on this one question which took up at least 20 minutes. the nail in the coffin regarding red flags regarding JUST THIS MANAGER, i still love the concept of xoom, is that i asked him what is the one thing he'd change at xoom. he stated "absolutely nothing". perhaps i should've phrased it differently but in the 75 ish number of interviews ive ever done in my life, no has ever said, "absolutely nothing". i found it to be naive and/or foolish. i called hr and told them i want to withdraw from the search regardless of evaluation.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set me up with the interview. It was pretty straight forward. The interviewer was easy going.I really dont know what else to write so that it fits 50 words. Hence i am writing this in this box here. Hopefully it should be upto 50 words

Interview Questions
  • Asked me to compare the performance of a Linkedlist and an ArrayList. I did exactly what he had asked me to do. got an email after a week, i am not being considered for any positions right now.Seemed really stupid

Xoom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xoom

Interview

applied online and was contacted by recruiter in couple of days. immediate phone screen was scheduled. went very well was told to hear back for onsite interview. After that no updates. I tried following up but no response.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2015

Interview

I had read that several people thought the interview process was overly lengthy or difficult, I must disagree. Yes it was 3+ hours, but considering the size of the company and the fact that you get interviewed by several leaders of various teams I didn't consider it unreasonable at all, plus they hooked me up with snacks :)

Interview Questions
  • How many IP addresses are in a /24?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2015

Interview

Very basic questions with recruiter, then after a week I got an onsite interview to meet with hiring manager and the peers. Skills test during the interview and background check when I got the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews