Wpromote Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Wpromote Interview Questions

Interviews at Wpromote

2.9

Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wpromote.

Interview

Was interviewed by Senior Director and Manager before being able to meet the entire and interview with all of them. It was great to chat with everyone before getting the job. Amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• What my career goals were was a common question. I loved that.   Answer Question

Paid Search Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wpromote (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview was very mundane and the questions presented by the interviewer seemed almost scripted. I tried to be friendly and personable several times but the person conducting the interview appeared to be on a time schedule and was less interested in my responses (clearly by the repetitive nature of the questions). It seemed like the interview was more about how many questions could be asked of me in the allotted time. This was one of the worst interviews I have ever experienced and I have interviewed at Google and Groupon which both have very stringent hiring procedures.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • You've been with our company for XX, why are you looking for a job now?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What is it that you are looking for in your next job?   1 Answer

Associate Manager, Paid Search Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wpromote (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a quick and painless process! I had a phone screening and the next day I was brought in for an interview. I had a 30 min excel test and then met with 2 Supervisors on the team who were great!

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wpromote (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with a talent acquisition specialist, the second was an inperson interview with the head of the department and second in command, and the final interview was with other members of that department.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wpromote (El Segundo, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Contacted for a phone screener, which was somewhat of a challenge to get scheduled, due to the interviewers schedule. Once scheduled the call was equally challenging. The person conducting the phone screener was distracted and the tone was rushed. Thus creating a dialog that was choppy and lacking in fluidity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are interested in our company?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wpromote (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Once I received an email from one of their recruiters wanting to schedule a phone interview, I sent them an email three times with available times and I never got a response. Was incredibly dissapointing since I was incredibly excited about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• If I ever got to a phone interview, I would have a question listed.   Answer Question

Senior Paid Search Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wpromote (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview two days later with a Director, Talent Acquisition on the West Coast. Most phone interviews are pretty light and not too difficult, so I was surprised at the amount and difficulty of questions asked on this phone interview. I am an experienced candidate, so I did not find the questions too difficult, and I thought I did a great job of answering the questions, which were both situational and behavioral. The interview was positive and I expected to have an in-person interview scheduled, but I did not receive a response for over a week. I followed up 10 days after the phone interview and received the generic HR response "we have decided to move forward with other candidates that aligns closer to the team's immediate needs".

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wpromote (El Segundo, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great. I applied online and was contacted by their in-house recruiter within a day or two. Process began with that initial conversation and was fairly casual. We discussed my work history, talk about me and my previous experiences, what interested me about Wpromote, etc. Causal and usual. I then had a call with two more people, and then came in for an in-person with another two people. I spoke with 5 people in total between two calls and one in-person.

Each conversation was causal and non-intimidating. They asked poignant questions, but it never seemed like I was being grilled or quizzed. All-in-all I would rate it as the one of the more difficult interviews I've had, but I wouldn't say it was stressful or anything like that. Process was pretty painless.

Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wpromote (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Please don't waste my time. I find it quite rude to get a candidate's hopes up and then stop responding to them. Especially when after the interview, the manager will comfort you by saying things like, "Don't worry, you'll get an email soon."
    I shouldn't have to follow-up multiple times. An employee with that much seniority should feel comfortable and responsible enough to simply email me back and say, "You didn't make it." Look, I'll get over it. It's better to know a certain answer rather than to wait around for two weeks.

The interview process was overly intense for this "junior" position. The beginning went great - I got an email a day after submitting my application, talked on the phone, sent in the first writing assessment, and I was scheduled for an interview within a few days. I had to talk with SIX people, which maybe is a Wpromote thing, but I've never experienced an interview like this for an entry-level position. I kept my composure and answered every question positively, even though one employee tried to intimidate me with blunt answers. After talking to everyone, I had to do a second 30-minute writing assessment. It's human nature to be nervous at this point. It felt like I was taking a final exam for a class. So I do that successfully, I turn it in, and now it's time for me to leave. This is when the director tells me I shouldn't worry. I naturally feel good about this response. Oh, and I get an office tour. Don't give those to people you're not going to hire.

Basically, I'm embarrassed. I got my hopes up and I feel like I was led on. I worked my butt off to prepare for this entry-level position (which I easily got at my previous job. very similar job roles), I was told false things, and was not worthy enough to get an email. It's messed up to have someone wait for weeks. I wish hiring managers could take a second to realize us candidates have feelings...and sometimes even struggles. Now I don't even know why I was rejected. My mind is thinking many things - Was it prejudice? Or was it a justifiable reason? Did my writing suck? If it is a justifiable reason, JUST TELL ME. It will help me improve in many aspects. Anything but ignoring a person for 2 weeks. If you have sources within the company, then go ahead and apply for this job. But I don't know if you'll make it if you are in a position like me.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for us?   1 Answer

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wpromote.

Interview

Applied online. Follow up email from recruiter to set up a time to speak. First phone interview with HR. Not the greatest experience with HR recruiter. Wasn't very organized.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.