Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Workday Interview Questions

Interviews at Workday

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Paris (France)).

Interview

3 entretiens en anglais avec des profils différents pour voir si on correspond bien à la culture d'entreprise. Donc pas vraiment de questions pointues sur le domaine pour lequel vous postulez.
    Et un entretien final pour faire une demo, toujours en anglais, de la fonction vlookup.

Interview Questions

• comment gérez vous un client qui refuse de valider vos propositions   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted very quickly. The recruiter and I had a great conversation and was told the next step was setting up a phone interview with the hiring manager. A couple of days later, I received a rejection notice. The recruiter obviously did not keep her word.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Pleasant experience with the recruiter but it was short and they didn't ask me to go into a lot of depth with my experience. I was surprised that there weren't more questions asking for specifics.

Interview Questions

• How many implementations have you been involved with?   1 Answer

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online for an applications engineer role and within a few days the recruiter set up an initial phone screen with me. Nothing out of the ordinary on this phone call other than a brief question about an OOP example. Pretty straightforward.

About a week later was an hour long interview with the hiring manager for the given requisition. This was split into a behavioral and technical portion over a video chat. The behavioral portion was very conversational and pleasant. The technical portion was an OOP exercise using UML class diagrams. Basically given a UML diagram representing some system, find ways to improve it.

About a week later was a virtual onsite. This onsite consisted of a total 6 interviews, of which 2 were technical. Met various members of the team & organization. The behavioral interviews were standard questions, again geared in a conversational format. Of the two technical interviews, one was a shared screen UML class diagram exercise where given some requirements, design a system. The other technical interview was a coding round (unexpected, as other Glassdoor experiences indicated there wouldn't be any) about finding the longest distance to a leaf on a binary tree given some node.

Interview feedback was provided within 3 business days. Was told they went in a different direction based on technical needs, which wasn't a huge surprise since I hadn't used UML until I started prepping for this interview, and was certainly not expecting a coding question.

Overall, the process was good even though I didn't make it through. Big thanks to the recruiter for keeping me well updated and acting promptly for each subsequent interview step. Everyone I spoke to was really kind, and it made me appreciate the company's culture. However I did get the vibe that Workday recruits and puts together teams of people from very similar academic backgrounds, which certainly doesn't help with diversifying teams.

Interview Questions

• Design a UML class diagram for a college enrollment system   Answer Question
    • Given a node n on a binary tree, find the longest distance to a leaf node   1 Answer

Workday Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a two-round interview process that was really open and honest. Everyone was so nice and smart. You could tell that they genuinely wanted to hear about you and your experiences.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Workday (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

I applied online. Upon submission of my application I received an email saying I had 1 week to complete a pymetrics assessment.

I wasn't able to complete the assessment immediately, but within 48 hours of submitting my application, I received a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Ended before it began.

QA Intern Interview

Interview

the interview process was coordinated very well. I interviewed with the whole management chain for the organization. Got to know me 1:1 and show my background. Overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was several rounds for me. There was a phone interview, online coding test, and on location interview. The on location had both white board interview questions and behavioral questions. Lunch was provided. Overall the experience was good, and I accepted the offer.

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Very good respectful exchange that gave fundamental insight of the company and its culture. It also gave insight on what to expect in their comfortable workplace environment. Great energy and inspired food for thought.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Software Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Lengthy process and few of the interviewers asked same kinda questions, how you ensure quality, team collaboration, innovation etc. All designing questions on UML and used Lucid chart and gliffy tools.

Interview Questions

• 7 rounds and nothing :)
      It was all UML designing, AMC theater, Bank and cards and transaction and Ride share application design. Prepare well on Cardinality and try not to have redundancy. I think I messed up behavior interview, how innovative you were at your job, conflicts with team members etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.