Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Workday Interview Questions

Interviews at Workday

2.8

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted approximately 15-25 minutes, after a few days the recruiter scheduled an on-site interview . A scheduler will reach out to you to cover attire and whom you'll be meeting. There was 8 people on the list with titles/positions. During the interview you met with manager's in pairs and interviewed with two people at a time throughout the 2-hour block. Asked personality questions and interests throughout each one. Some questions were the same and some differ between each interview group.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Explain a time when you've encountered a disagreement, conflict, or problem with a client or boss.   1 Answer

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

HR found my resume through my business school and contacted me for an interview. The first round was a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, who invited me on-site at the end of the call. Two days before the on-site, the recruiter called to give me an overview of each interviewer and what to expect. She told me that the team had already interviewed 100 people for this role and hadn't liked anyone. Then she pressured me to say I would accept an offer within 24 hours if I received one. The night before the interview she emailed me to say "btw sorry I explicitly said there wouldn't be any long, formal case questions. The team has decided to ask you at least one. Sorry!" The on-site included 5 interviews with everyone on the corporate strategy team. The first interview was very combative; he asked questions like "so you didn't work at McKinsey or Goldman Sachs, so how could you possibly know the right frameworks to use?" The next two interviews were completely unstructured, chitty chat BS; you'd think that a company that claims to be revolutionizing HR would know that studies show unstructured interviews are virtually useless in assessing candidates. The next two interviews were a wintry mix of fit and behavioral questions. I didn't get a single case/hypothetical question for a CORPORATE STRATEGY interview, despite being told the night before that I would be. 2 days after the recruiter said I would receive a decision (normally not unreasonable, but they were demanding I respond in 24 hours if I received an offer), I got a form rejection email from HR ("thank you for your interest in Workday..."). I ended up taking an offer from Google instead. Maybe second only to the time a startup CEO sexually harassed me in the middle of an interview, this was the worst and most unprofessional recruiting experience I've had in my career. Despite being interested in the company before this experience, I will never interview with Workday agree.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate whether it's a good idea to expand into India?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February-2014.

Interview

Talked to a former colleague who worked at Workday at my university's career fair in January. I initially told him I wasn't going to talk to any of the people in charge there because I had already didn't advance past 1st round interviews in November, but he told me it was worth a shot. That evening I got a phone call asking if I'd like to take part in an on campus interview the following morning, which I agreed to. This initial interview was heavy on UML type questions, and class interactions, and then followed up by a traditional programming question.

Two weeks later I get an email asking if I'd like to participate in final round interviews onsite. You have to make all the travel arrangements by yourself, but the recruiter in charge of all the expenses was very helpful and quick.

Two weeks after that, was the day of the interview. They start early, a little before 8 o'clock. They give you breakfast (bagels, yum), make you introduce yourself to everyone, and then give an overview of how the day will go. Because I was interviewing for the App Dev position, they took the other 4 of us interviewing for it to a conference room to show us the language and how it works. There was a little bit of an issue with the internet, but it answered a lot of questions I had about their propriety language, and they discuss why they use it. From there, we were rushed into individual rooms to be interviewed for 4 straight hours.

Luckily, these interviews are pretty short (most are 30 minutes, others are 15) and you mostly discuss the projects you've done, your goals and ambitions, and what interests you about Workday. I don't know if it's common, but one of the 30 minute interviews was psuedo-technical, and the interviewer asked what divide-and-conquer algorithms I knew, and the complexity of them. Everyone was ridiculously friendly, and didn't suffer from the know-it-all attitude I've had interviewing with other companies. The technical question was an hour long, and and more class diagram stuff, which wasn't too bad, but I did freeze up a little near the end. This was also followed up with a small psudeocode programming challenge.

After the interviews, they feed you lunch, and then demo the product and the language, and allow everyone to participate. After two hours of that, they discuss benefits and then let you go on your merry way.

One week after that, I got a phone call from my recruiter offering me the position. Couldn't be happier!

Interview Questions

• Create an Amazon sales invoice.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't attempt to negotiate. The offer was already 5k higher than I originally asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in November-2013.

Interview

Met them at an on-campus job fair followed by an on-campus interview and then an all day on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Design queues for Netflix users Streaming and Rental movie types. Quite simple except that you have to do it in the vein of their proprietary UML sorta thing.   3 Answers

Negotiation

No attempt at negotiation.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday (Austin, TX (US)) in September-2013.

Interview

I had two interviews. First was in person and the 45 minutes was spent designing some given class with the recruiter. Follow up was over the phone and behavioral. I thought it went pretty well but they never followed up with me. Perusing this website, it seems this is pretty standard for their rejections.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult; you're just designing a relatively simple class with the recuiter   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I went to a college job fair and talked to one of the recruiting teams. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from the team I talked with, however my friend who works there referred me to all positions.
    Four weeks later, I got an email saying they were reviewing my application.

A day later, I received an email asking for me to contact them to see if I was available for a phone interview.
    I got a 30 minute phone interview a few days later. The interviewer was extremely nice and we connected pretty well. He asked me about background info, my resume, and my projects. He also asked me if I had experience in Java and knew information about OOP and UML.

That following week I got a follow up from my recruiter.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a university career fair and had an on-campus interview soon after. My interviewer was very friendly and clear about what the job entails, as well as what I should expect at the on-site interview. The on-site interview was about 3 hours long with 5 interviewers. The interviewers were all really welcoming and seemed happy. It was definitely more of a collaborative interview than some I've had before, in that the interviewers seemed interested in answering my questions. It felt a lot like they wanted me to succeed, rather than test me and try to make me mess up. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Had good contact with corporate recruiters the whole time. Was contacted for a phone screen, and I guess they liked me. I ended up at an on-site interview, which was a pretty intense multi-hour affair with 6+ people coming in for 1 on 1s. Was very comfortable atmosphere, not intimidating and gave a good feel for the culture and type of people there. Technical portion was limited to whiteboard design questions/process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at workday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in December-2014.

Interview

Went through GW program. Had on site interview after meeting at career fair on campus. Then flown out to Pleasanton and was there from 7:45 - 4:00 on Friday. Had four 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour technical. Got offer 10 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in March-2014.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on-site interview 6-8 weeks later. They didn't contact me for a long time after the initial interview, maybe a month or so.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was entirely UML. A good knowledge of UML and OO design is helpful to doing well.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask you for a salary range during the on-site interview. It is important to have a good idea of what you want then, with regards to both full compensation and salary.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.