WorkWave Director, Customer Experience Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at WorkWave

1 Interview Review

4.0

Director, Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined, if a bit sterile, but concise and to the point.

I was first interviewed by the office manager, who was polite and helpful. Her questions were largely focused on my basic capabilities and experiences that would help in the position. I asked her several questions about the company, the team, and the products that they offer to make sure I had the best understanding possible of the business and their needs.

Second round was a phone call with the VP of the department itself. This was another good interview, focusing on my past experience and how I would use that to help manage the team at Workwave.

Third round was an in-person interview at their office. The building they are in is massive, and it was a little difficult to find, but I made it without too much effort. I was generally not a fan of how this interview went, and I felt like I wasn't really set up for success (see the questions and my responses below).

After they decided not to move forward with me, I received a boiler plate rejection letter from the office manager. One would think after all the phone calls, the 1.5hr round-trip commute into their office, the ~$30 in tolls, the ~3.5 hours I spent interviewing (total) and the actual physically meeting each other I would be worth the professional courtesy of a rejection from the actual VP with some helpful feedback, but I'm sure it's easier to just make some administrative professional do your dirty work.

Interview Questions

• The VP of the department listed out 12 problems that he currently was facing, and after a ~10 minute session lightly explaining these items one-by-one he asked me how I would address/solve them. It was a bit rapid fire, but also theres the big problem that even a candidate with extensive experience would have a hard time solving the dozen or so problems without being familiar with the company and the culture. Getting an idea how a candidate thinks without any information could be useful, but it was unclear to me whether or not there was a "correct answer" that he was looking for.   1 Answer
  • The VP of the department asked me what my 2020 plans would be for the team. Again, given that I am an applicant and not someone who has been working at the company for the ~3 - 6 months that would be required to really form a comprehensive plan I am uncertain what he was hoping to get from me.   1 Answer
  • The Customer Success manager fired off 10 or so questions that seemed to be pulled from a "here are ten questions you should ask a job applicant" blog post somewhere. It was off-putting and did not allow me to form any kind of a rapport with him, unfortunately.   1 Answer

WorkWave Response

Nov. 8, 2019 – VP, Talent Management

Thanks for providing your feedback! We actually have a highly skilled talent acquisition team that work closely with both candidates and hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, rather than an office manager.
We appreciate your time in coming onsite to meet with members of our support team, and provide further insight into your approach to leadership, problem solving, and customer service. I'm sorry that we did not have an opportunity to offer you at this time. Different companies have different needs, so our only feedback to you is to continue to be yourself and know that we wish you all the best in your continued search!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.