Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions

Interviews at Williams-Sonoma

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview with store general manager with most questions related to previous retail sales experience and customer service. Straight forward interview with no surprising questions. Interview with store general manager. Interview with store general manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

Applied and received an email to confirm a time for an interview, that day the person called and we had a quick 5 minute interview and she said i’d be hearing back from hiring manager.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

This was going to be my 4th year as a Seasonal employee at WS. Loved the Manager, I asked about how WS is protecting its employees during COVID and he gave all the right answers. When talking about hours he said he was going to put me in the 1-15 hours a week slot. Of course I could get as many hours as I wanted.
    When interview was complete I asked when I could start with the employee discount as that is a big draw to working seasonally at WS. He said one week but that because I was only in the 0-15 hour work slot I would not be able to utilize the online WS discount. So I asked him to increase my hour slot and he said he could not. He was under corporate orders to only put seasonal employees in the lower slot this year. But that I could work as many hours as I want. What the heck WS?

Interview Questions

• What hours did I want, what position did I want.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2020.

Interview

It was quick and simple. They give a roleplay scenario and ask about previous experience in customer service. Interviewer was nice, I didn’t do well on the scenario and he gave me another chance.

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2020.

Interview

I've made it to the Second round of interviews. First interview was very quick and too the point. Maybe lasted about 10 mins. Just asked questions about customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to turn a frustrated/difficult customer into a happy one? (paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Naples, FL (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

short and sweet. over the phone, about 5 questions asking how you will be prepared for the job, being able to handle rude customer, name an example of a time where you helped a customer out.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you helped a customer in need?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in September 2020.

Interview

Submitted resume and they got back to me to schedule a phone interview. Interview involved a quick role play and lasted only about 15 minutes, and then I got called back a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you solved a problem for a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in September 2020.

Interview

Applied online, fairly simple. Received a phone interview with a kind woman, had to role play a customer service situation. Informed her one day of the 3 weeks I would be unavailable, she told me that shouldn't be a problem and that she would be sure to let the hiring manager know. Hiring manager texts me that I got the job and to give her a call. So after determining which shifts I would work, I in good faith asked her if the one day of training being missed would be a problem. She at first was nice and asked if I would like to be removed from the process since it was a problem. I asked if there was any way I could make up the one day and she immediately copped an attitude. I informed her that I had seen reviews that they were just modules and I'd be happy to complete the one day asap as I think I'm a good fit for the job. Was interrupted and as I was saying I don't think this is a good fit anymore she hung up on me.

From reading the reviews of others, the training is a crap shoot anyways and one day shouldn't be detrimental to the job. Additionally if this is for a customer service position and the person being hired on is asking you a question, if your first response is to get an attitude...that tells me a lot about you as a company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer you have experienced and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The phone call was very quick, just about 8 minutes. I was asked to do a mock call with a customer. I was also asked about how I would handle a frustrated customer as well as a situation where I was under pressure. She said someone would be calling in two days to let me know their decision.

Interview Questions

• Is it ever okay to argue or disagree with a customer?   1 Answer

CSR-1 Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

I got a phone interview, it was confirmed via email, I answered their questions, then I got offered the position. They told me they would send me an offer letter to sign. We will see how it goes. The interviewer was short with me like they were trying to rush through.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.