Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Éditeur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strasbourg (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Strasbourg (France)).

Interview

Embauche peu probable à ce niveau. Plus souvent à un niveau inférieur, responsable de publication ou rédacteur adjoint. Première sélection sur papier par les ressources humaines, puis par le directeur, puis un entretien avec le service RH et le directeur. La décision est donnée la semaine suivant l'entretien du dernier candidat.

Interview Questions

• Qu'attendez-vous de votre poste ? Où voulez-vous être dans cinq ans ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Extrêmement difficile d'insister pour un poste et un salaire d'un niveau supérieur. Acceptez l'offre ou passez votre tour.

Performance Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in December-2012.

Interview

There were different rounds of interview.

1. Telephonic technical interview.
    2. HR in person and technical in person
    3. Discussion with all heads of all departments. Total 6 directors.

Technical questions were mainly related to Performance testing, Concepts, process & methodologies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had negotiated on Salary and they agreed to increase that upto 7%.

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Multiple interviews but when I did my fourth interview in office, they seemed to think I was doing a round 2 interview. Employees seemed anxious and uncomfortable. I was called for a group interview but met with only peers doing the job initially. I was prepared to answer questions, but didn't expect to ask all the questions.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in July-2018.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter based in the UK and we set up a phone interview. She went over my basic qualifications and said she would be reaching out to me soon to set up a meeting with the Hiring manager who was based in Medford, MA. I received an email from her within 24 hours asking me if I was available the next day for the second round interview. I asked for some alternative times/dates the next week since it was already Thursday and I had work commitments scheduled. I never heard back from her after that which was unprofessional and left me cold.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in May-2019.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and was asked a few days later to do a one-way video interview. I didn’t think I answered super well but was quickly asked to come in for an in person interview. The UK HR rep was very helpful and accommodating. I drove over 2 hours to Medford, MA for an hour long interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and the Marketing VP. I thought my interview went super well. Received a call the following day from the UK asking for me to have a final round Skype interview with a Director in Oxford. This interview lasted about an hour and once again, I thought I did well. The Director told me I was have an answer the following week so when I heard nothing I followed up with HR. I was hold he didn’t know next steps yet but would reach out when he knew.

The following day the position I applied for in Medford was reposted on LinkedIn. I watched it sit there for almost another month until it was finally removed, so I assume they found their person. I never heard a word from Wiley regarding the position which is irritating considering the amount of time I spent interviewing with them. Then to repost the position and not even let final round candidates know is cold and unprofessional.

Glad to see I’m not the only one who was ghosted by Wiley.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wiley (Malden, MA (US)).

Interview

I got this temp job through a staffing agency, no interview was conducted.

Network Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in September-2011.

Interview

Nine interviews. Three different trips to the facility. They pay attention when they interview, making every attempt to retain the right person. Even had to plan and present a training for who would be my immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How long would you like to stay here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Easy

Web Designer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in January-2011.

Interview

The interview process was almost five years ago and was probably the most involved process I had ever been a part of before. At the time the company was much smaller (400 employees) and I remember coming back on three different occasions to meet with several people individually. They use this peer approach where each person asks a series of questions of their own choice. It was a long process, but after I was hired I felt that because of the process I must be worth the time, and that was a good feeling.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of Life?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received invitation for phone interview about a month later. No one ever called or followed up. Another month went by, someone different contacted me again for a phone interview, then set up an in person interview. Took weeks to secure the in office interview, had to take an SAT like online aptitude test prior to the in person interview. In person asked 10 pages of "tell us about a situation when....". Overall thought it went well and was told they would get back to me either way. Followed up with person i interviewed with and HR coordinator after the interview multiple times, never heard ANYTHING. No response, completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please complete online aptitude test (felt like i was taking the SAT)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (North Indianapolis, IN (US)) in May-2018.

Interview

Wiley first emailed requesting an online webcam interview as a brief intro interview, followed by face-to-face interview at the Indy location. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall, the experience was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your skillsets qualify for this position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.