Interview Question

IGCSE Sciences Teacher Interview

Beijing No.80 High School

What types of challenges do you envision when teaching students with poor ESL skills while high and low context culture issues are active? To what extend would this impact content delivery?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

3 Answers

I answered that as a Filipino I have been teaching students in cross cultural settings for most of my professional life and that challenges will always arise in international classrooms and that they must be met with compassion.

Anonymous on

To summarize, Beijing 80 was accused of being xenophobic. Someone from the school then felt the need to "clear things up" by insulting original poster and saying that they are getting better at not hiring section 8s (low-income individuals) Beijing #80: possibly xenophobic, definitely classist.

You stay classist, Beijing 80 on

You say your interview was professional, then you suggest that you somehow stayed in touch with the school, or took time to develop contact with other applicants, and that you heard - from them - that they personally felt some unprofessional vibes? xenophobia or racist or whatever? Well, i guess that's very generous of you, to take time away from your family and friends, your own hobbies and past-times, to track down and follow up with applicants for a job you apparently did not get, and then actually interact with these other applicants, and offer comparisons of the quality of the interview with different sets of managers ( the latter, apparently, you never actually met.) Interesting. I can say this about the managers at 80; they're getting better at not hiring Section 8s to begin with....but as we can all see....some of them still find their way into the interview process.

Just curious on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.