Westpac Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Westpac Group Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Westpac Group

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2013.

Interview

Somewhat balanced casual/formal, not very many technical questions but more interested in past life experiences. Interviewers were very nice and genuinely interested. The interview ran over time though interviewers were happy to continue talking. Unfortunately, the two interviewers had both left the company before I started the role. Overall relatively onerous (several stages and types of tests) but a good overall experience for those wanting a job at Westpac.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Westpac?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real ability to negotiate as I was an intern. If I had another offer, potentially might have had some limited ability to ask for increased pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Westpac Group

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Stage 1 was basic screening from HR dept
    Stage 2 involved in me speaking to the manager of the team i was going to be interning at. I was asked basic questions such as what the bank presence was like in Asia and whether i knew what i was applying for and also how my career aspirations line up with the internship.

Interview Questions

• Asked what the company did and what was i expecting and wanted to do for a career   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable recruitment process. First step is online application followed by an immediate invitation to do online psychometric tests. Following that there is an online video with fairly straightforward behavioural interviews, however there is one technical question regarding the finance industry. Everyone at the assessment centre goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. There is a group activity, one-on-one interview and an individual written/oral assessment. Overall, you get a great sense of what it would be like working for Westpac.

Interview Questions

• Online video interview: Why do you want to work for Westpac?   Answer Question
    • One-on-one: Give me a time where you had to compromise in a team   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2018.

Interview

Online application -> Online assessment -> Video interview -> Assessment Centre

Assement Centre had 3 components
    1. One-on-one Interview
    2. Individual Case Study
    3. Group Activity

The staff were very friendly and approachable. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• - Behavioural questions
      - Most questions revolved around Westpac's core values e.g. One Team, Service
      - Some questions to gauge my reasons and interest to work at Westpac   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard online application, followed by automatic online testing if your GPA is above a certain level. The online testing consists of mathematical, verbal and logical reasoning. If you pass, you are invited to an assessment centre which includes 2 one-on-one interviews and a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural type questions, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.