WestJet Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

WestJet Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Interviews at WestJet

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of November 2015 and received an email the first week of January inviting me to an interview. The interview was supposed to start off with a French test but after exchanging pleasantries in French with the lady who had come over to take me to that test, she said I didn't need to have my French tested and I went straight to the second part of the interview. I was asked a couple of questions about why I wanted to be a flight attendant, what I knew about WestJet, what I could bring from my previous job experience. Afterwards the interviewer invited me to the group interview that afternoon. This took about 30-45 minutes
There were 16 of us in the group interview. The head interviewer led the interview while 3 flight attendants sat on either side of the room and took notes while observing us. First there was a game called 30 Seconds of Fame. One at a time, we had to introduce ourselves, give an interesting fact and pull a topic from an envelope to then talk about for 30 seconds. These topics were: If we googled you, what would we find? If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be? What is your biggest pet peeve? If someone was driving a car with no windows, how would you help direct them? If you could have any superpower, what would it be? They say everyone has 15 minutes of fame, what would you like yours to be? You're stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you bring?
After that they did a presentation about the job, training and WestJet. The only other "game" we played was that we were divided into groups and had to put on a skit of a WestJet commercial. The group interview was an hour or an hour and a half long. We received feedback within two days.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet?   Answer Question
  • The plane is about to start its approach for take off and a passenger lets her dog out of its carrier case. What do you do?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for WestJet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

I had a two hour interview in person with about 40 other people in Toronto. The process went great learned a lot about the company other employees that work there. My first interview with WestJet was an online video interview in January, This interview in April was my second. I hope to hear back in less than a month fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a difficult situation or circumstance you’ve been in at a job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied online for the position. I had a video interview. Then I got phone calls for the language test s. I am still waiting for the next steps.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Bilingual Flight Attendant for WestJet Encore towards the end of January 2019. I got an email to do a video interview a week later through a third party HireVue. It took a while until I got my invitation to come for a face-to-face interview, that I had actually given up on hearing back from them.

Either way, I went in for my face-to-face interview in April 2019. It was held at the WestJet Learning Centre near Pearson Airport. When I had come in, there were only about a handful of us waiting outside the doors of where they would conduct the interviews. They called us in by twos to register and collect a copy of our resumes as well as a copy of our passport. Before the actual interview, they quickly asked me what other languages I spoke and if I had any visible tattoos that needed to be covered up. After that, I was then passed onto a WestJet Recruiter for my one-on-one interview. The actual interview didn't last long, she was very friendly. After all of the questions she asked me, she asked me to read out an announcement out loud. It felt very safe and relaxed. After the interview, we were sent back to the hallway until the rest of the candidates were interviewed. Then we were all asked to sit in a room where they had a slide show presentation which outlined WestJet's mission, values, compensation, benefits and an explanation of how scheduling worked.

We were each asked to stand, introduce ourselves, name an interesting fact and name our favourite WestJet destination. Finally, after the presentation, each person had to pick out a question/topic out of a folder and talk about this topic for a whole minute. At first, it seemed terrifying however it wasn't that bad!

Overall, I had such a great time at the interview because it was very welcoming and the recruiters were all super friendly! They told us that they will be sending out offers in two weeks, so I've got my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume. What are you doing now?   Answer Question
    • What would be your reason for leaving (your current workplace)?   Answer Question
    • Why would you make a good flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Scenario Question: A guest is intoxicated and has become unruly, other guests around him are starting to get worried. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer service.   Answer Question
    • What are some challenges you think that a flight attendant would face?   Answer Question
    • What are there any challenges do you think you would face as a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a team that didn't get along.   Answer Question
    • This job requires some lifting and carrying, are there any health concerns you have that would restrict you from doing so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty straight-forward interview. I was asked general questions concerning my education, employment history and plans for the future. They asked me to read a mock inflight announcement. The interview went very well, but I feel I did not get hired because I was overeducated for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a simple process, apply online, followed with a group interview where you are in a room with many of applicants being interviewed one on one and then a second interview where you can bond with the group of applicants and learning the benefits of the job. You are required to do a test with a doctor to measure a variety of abilities in you.

Flight Attendant- Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a computerized online language assessment. I received an e-mail with a login and password. You have two days to complete the assessment online (computer must have microphone capabilities).

Interview Questions

• Be able to speak about hobbies, family, work and a topic of your interest- some of these topics included Communications, Environmental or Global affairs) If you are currently in school you can speak about this as well. Some of the school related questions involved your experience, the building, your first day, and a final project/presentation/assignment. If you like to do home improvements, make sure that you have detailed descriptions of what you have done and also what it looked like before and after.   1 Answer

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Video interview then f2f then training is waiting
    I am still in my progress for in those steps.
    Some people get to have group interviews before training though.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.