Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Wells Fargo

6,690 Interview Reviews

2.8

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (El Monte, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online via job board notice. I was called 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Right after completing phone interview, scheduled a one on one with one of the supervisors. Interview was with 2 supervisors both asking questions. Took about 1 hour from the time I arrived to the time I left. Got call with offer same day contingent on background check. Fingerprinted saturday and notified Monday that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Basically used STAR method.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Westlake, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, career fair, in person interview, background check, criminal then offer. Dress of success. Bring several copies of your resume. Be sure to be prepared on sales questions. This is a very HEAVY sales job even in consumer support. All complaining or customer service calls get up sold to move them to at least 8 banking products. Referral rates are at least 30% YES on 100 calls a day. 10 to 15 calls a day must leave service and be transferred to a sales banker to complete the application.

Interview Questions

• Sales, sales, sales, and sales. How did you obtain that up sell? Can you up sell? Can you sell products on every call even when the customer objects? How do you handle those objections and get the sale.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer is the offer. HR runs it, no negotiations.

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Star Interview

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Shoreview, MN (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

They will start by calling and scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by someone from HR who was more or less indifferent to anything I said. Standard questions, they will ask you to rate yourselves on various aspects of the job 1-5. I said 5 to a lot of things and she tested me by asking me a random question about that(technology wise) and luckily I knew the answer. She asked me to tell me what the keyboard shortcut is to switch screens on a computer(Alt-Tab.)

Once you pass the phone interview, they can call you in for the real interview which is taken by two interviewers at once. I suited up completely, which in retrospect might have been overkill. A shirt and tie would've sufficed. Once you pass the phone interview and they have reviewed your application and they like you, they basically just want to meet you in person to see if you are more or less what you say you are. You basically already have the job unless you're completely different from your application. A lot of the questions are repeats from the phone interview, just take your time and try to give detailed and informative answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you exceeded a sales goal.   1 Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Ana, CA (US)).

Interview

phone interiview, and then person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was great

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Westlake, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied on a Monday and I had a phone interview three days later. After that, like two weeks later, they called me to have a one on one interview with managers. They answer you by email if you are not selected. I suppose that if you are selected, they will call you.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, just the regular ones, if you are an experienced job seeker.   1 Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

My friend referred me to wells fargo, i applied online a few days later a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview today and the call was 30mintues. The lady was very nice and the conversation flowed pretty well. she asked me pretty basic questions.. but ONE confused the s*** out of me. I was over thinking it to the fullest. she was asking me about my computer skills/experience etc & then she asked me how i naviagate through search engines ( something like that ) it is such a basic question but i had her repeat or explain differently and she mentioned a lot of people get confused,, the answer is using TABS... ya. You use tabs when multitasking on a computer and staying organized rather than having multiple windows. she asked me about my sales experience, how i mean goals, what my current sales job is like, how do i meet my goals, she asked why i left my pervious employer and how much notice i gave them, she explained what its like as a phone banker and if its something that interest me, just basic stuff only one really confusing answer for me. Other than that it went good and at the end of it she said she was going to schedule my in person interview with 2 people. its on thursday, wish me luck!! :)

Interview Questions

• How do you navigate through search engines/programs? ( not exact question )   1 Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview were basic questions about former employees and how they would describe your work ethic.

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Very basic interview process. Submitted application and questionnaire, received email to setup phone interview. Interview briefly touched on experience, where at the end a in person interview was scheduled. One on one interview with a team manager asking the usual customer service and behavioral questions. Then a quick tour( if they like you) before showing you out. I received an offer in about 2-3 days.

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, SC (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position and a recruiter called me within a couple of days, phone interview was first. the basic tell me about you and your work ethic questions... second interview was basically a recap of the first but in person and with a different person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you dont like about wells fargo?   1 Answer