Walmart Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Walmart Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.0

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Detroit, MI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and the interviewers were very helpful. They made me feel very comfortable and at ease. We reviewed Walmart's policies and procedures and went on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Pembroke Pines, FL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and simple, they asked basic questions it was not a headache you basically have the job once they call for an interview, just don't stress over it and be honest with every thing they ask for and you'll have to sign multiple papers .

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)).

Interview

That was fine.. That part went very well.

Negotiation

I appricated the job and glad I received it.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Glasgow, KY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

It was simple and easy

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered something unexpected in the workplace   Answer Question

needed more money

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Was kept waiting for more than an hour past when I was asked to arrive. They don't let you wait in the office, had to wait in the 'site to store' area. The issue was that they could not get someone to interview me, as everyone was busy. Eventually I was interviewed by two assistant managers, and then the store manager (which is not protocol). They asked easy questions about different situations in the workplace and ethical stuff.

Interview Questions

• Honestly can't remember, something along the lines of "You have a lot of work to get done in Department A, but Steve is asking for help in Department B - what do you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Same day, called my references while I was still there (they do check up on references), and handed me papers for my drug test that had to be taken within 24 hours.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Interview

I had been referred by a current employee. Requested and completed application at retail store. I was scheduled for an interview at the store by the manager. The interview was rather short, approximately thirty minutes. Questions were basic. Informed of the duties and responsibilties of the position and the starting hourly pay

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caruthersville, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Caruthersville, MO (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online . They use behavioral type interview questions. I was interviewed by 2 people in back- to -back interviews. They ask about 5 very similar questions each.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions put you on the spot. "Describe a time when..."   Answer Question

I could not accept $7.75 an hour for a 50 minute drive. I also have 5 years prior experience with Walmart. $7.75 is not acceptable. I was expecting to be compensated for my experience. I guess they don't do that anymore.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Vancouver, WA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied about a month before I got a call to come in for an interview. There are two interviews the questions seem to be pretty easy... If you have common sense you got this one in the bag! They ask about 5 questions each interview after that they call your references and you're in.

Negotiation

There is no negotiating, pay starts at $9.60 an hour.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It took about a month for me to get contacted after I applied and once I came in for an interview, I got a call an hour later asking for a second, had to to take a drug test, then came back and started working.

Interview Questions

• Generic what would you do if this and that happened? Sorry, it was seven years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you get paid min. wage.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Orlando, FL (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online and they called me back the following tuesday for an interview that thursday. Interview was in the lobby of the busy HR Room at a small table with store manager, Asst. store manager and the recieving lead and 4 other candidates (Not all for the same position and we all got hired). After that got the drug testing papers (next day testing). Started the following tuesday with training.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.