Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.0

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hixson, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Hixson, TN (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

The fun part was actually trying to get the interview. I called these people for five straight days before I ever got a chance to speak with someone. They made me wait for nearly an hour by the back restrooms for someone to come get me. After that they sat me down in personnel and made me wait more. Then one of the associates sat down. She wasn't even a manager. She was a cashier. She asked me a few questions, same standard stuff everywhere else asks. I answered her questions and she left. Then another girl sat down. A CSM (Customer Service Manager) began to ask the same questions to me that the other girl did. I answered them, and she left. Shortly thereafter they offered me a salary and gave me the address to the drug testing facility. Yes, they test initially; however, they don't do it again after that. I passed that, got the job and showed up the next morning to what I assumed would be a somewhat enjoyable experience,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was about two seconds long. You want this money? Yes! You're hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Edmond, OK (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

You are called in for an interview, you sit one on one with a manager, they ask some questions, like when you displayed leadership, how you resolved a problem, if you get called, you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied, called me a month or so later, scheduled an interview for the next week. Interview was super quick and easy and was hired on the spot. Did paperwork and etc. the very next day and started the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of "name a time" type questions, which became repetitive after a while.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview

the interview process was very quick and sweet..i had two interviews in one day and the last was a bout 5 days later after the background check and after about 2 more days they called me in for my orientation

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview

the hiring for the company was very short We just had to watch a film ,then fill out paper work .Put our code in the system . then we all had 4 hours on the computer to answer question from the film we watch to make sure we understood what we needed to know.

Interview Questions

• these question is the first time I've been ask these questions   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Waited like 45 minute before being seem by someone before being interview, was interview for a cashier position and got interview by one person first a department manger, then by three people next, asking basically the same question just in different concepts or content.

Interview Questions

• What steps or how do you handle a situation that involved a employee acting in an unsafe manner? How do you handle this, and do you feel what you did was the right thing to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase just you want the job you got it, here your pay rate very low.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty normal. The usual questions about how you would handle certain situations. I had three people interview me separately. It did take them a couple of months to respond to my application. But once they did I was training the next day which was fast for me but ok.

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yucca Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Yucca Valley, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called on a Monday, asked to come in for an interview on the following day (Tuesday) and then was informed on Thursday that I had orientation on Friday, so ultimately the whole process took less than a week. To become a cashier associate at Walmart you must go through 3 interviews. The first interview is composed of 5 to 6 scenario questions, Describe a time when...What would you do if...How did you handle..etc. The second interview is pretty much the same thing, the questions are just worded differently but you can definitely use the same answers from the first. If you get moved on to the third "interview" you have the job, given you pass the drug/background check (:

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer. How did you handle this situation and make sure to explain in full detail the steps you took in order to solve the customer's problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, once in the third interview you look over some paperwork that shows a pay rate and you either agree or disagree and pass on the job.

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Oceanside, CA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Application is on the internet. There are NO paper applications. You will need to create a login ID because it is a long process, as you pass each phase. There is a section that will require you answer over 60 questions. If you can't finish in one sitting, that's okay. You can stop, log out, and go back later. It will take you where you left off. If there are positions, and your application is selected, you will be called in for an initial interview. That goes well, there maybe a couple of more interviews. Do NOT try to contact the store to follow up on your application or interview. You will only annoy these people and put your chance of being hired at risk. They are very busy and don't have time for inquiries. Just go back on a regular basis (once a month or so) and find something to update on the application to keep it active.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give examples on how you handled certain situations; how you helped someone you didn't have to, there's too much work but it has to get done by a certain deadline - how did you do it, how were you able to resolve an angry person to remedy the situation. You need give real life examples. They don't have to be work related experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited. I was lucky at the time I was hired because it was more flexible. But pay and availability are part of a regulated corporate structure, so management only have so much at their disposal to offer.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I put in an online application three weeks ago...and I was called in for an interview. The interviewer was an assistant manager to the department that was looking for potential employees...the interview went well...he asked about six questions regarding scenarios about different situations dealing with customers..ex. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it? Then he told me he would like to set me up with a second interview...the second interview was with an assistant store manager...that went very well..he asked me similar questions..Im waiting on the third interview..hope I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had a project due that was difficult..what did you do to finish it...and did you finish it on time?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.