Waitrose Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Waitrose Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2017

2.7

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, KY (US)) in January-2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

I applied online and after completing the online tests, I was invited to attend an interview.
    First taken to a room and had to complete a form about details and availability etc. There were 12 people there and we got split into two groups and were taken into separate rooms to complete the group assessment. There were 3 managers in the room assessing us. The task itself was fairly easy; we were given 5 different customers all with different specifications/needs and we had to match the appropriate food item to each one. All about communicating with the group and talking about the decisions made.
    After that, we then went back into the main room with the other group and were called one by one for our individual interview. Again this was fairly easy, the woman interviewing me was really nice and friendly which helped calm my nerves. I was asked standard questions like "Describe a time/Give an example of ..." just make sure you have a lot of examples ready in your head.
    At the start of the process the recruiter said she would contact us within 20 to 25 days to say whether we got the job or not, but I received a call the next morning informing me that I had got the job! Overall I had a very positive experience.

Stock Replenishment Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

First had a one to one interview, then moved into a group activity with 3 other people. Fairly basic questions, mostly about yourself and previous experience, however never having had a job before makes previous experience questions bit tricky to answer! One girl in the group interview completely took over the scenario situations, leaving the rest of us slightly confused. I then left with another applicant and the manager, as the other 2 were having their one to ones. He spent the whole time talking to her and didn't ackknowledge me until I was almost out the door and awkwardly shook my hand. A bit rude.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Several online tests and application questions to determine if you fit into the culture of Waitrose (team player). Depending if you are successful, you will receive a phone call, inviting you for a interview. The interview I had was a one to one.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a disagreement with anyone, and if so how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Group task that involved working together to order a priority list. Then an individual interview that was more like a conversation just talking about past experience etc. Pretty chill so don't stress.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrow Weald, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose (Harrow Weald, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I applied online and done all of the required tests then got invited to an interview the next week. It was a 1 to 1 interview with one of the managers where they asked me my availability then the interview questions and ranked them out of 5. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I got a call the next day to tell me I got the job.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I arrived slightly early, I was expecting a group interview but I was just called by the recruitment manager into a room where she asked me a range of questions relating to why I want this job and others

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you had to do something differently   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Bath, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Easy, casual, one on one interview with a young store employee. I was in a small room with another interview right next to me but you hardly notice them once you get on with the process. They checked my passport and said I'd hear from them soon.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to adapt to a different way of doing things? How would you help somebody else adapt to a different way of doing things?   Answer Question
    • Why Waitrose / John Lewis?   Answer Question

Multiple Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I was asked to do a workshop from the job centre. I spent three days at a workshop which was intended to get you employed. At the end, you received a guaranteed interview. I didn't get the job, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you suggested a change in a working environment.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Finchley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waitrose (Finchley, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

You will fill out an application asking where you'd like to work, what hours,any restrictions you have, uniform size, and etc. A group interview based on finding your potential customers needs and selecting a product suitable to their needs, this task is more about how you interact with others and it's important you voice your opinion or you will automatically fail. Then you have an individual interview and asked a variety of questions.