Waitrose Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Waitrose Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jul, 2018

2.6

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, KY (US)) in January-2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Supermarket Assistant Various Departments Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Went through the online tests and got offered to come in for an interview. In the interview there were about 5 of us and we all had to complete a task in 30 minutes then make a presentation. The task was simple and it was all based on reading customers feedback and making solutions for the problems brought up by customers. There where two people in watching us and making notes. After this we all waited in the cafeteria and we're called in twos for our one-to-one interviews which were an additional 30 mins. Overall the whole thing took just under 2 hours.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose (Bracknell, England (UK)) in June-2011.

Interview

A two stage interview process. First interview was more to check candidate profile fit with HR type questions. Second interview was more technical chat with a walk through my CV

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with changing trends in technology?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose in September-2013.

Interview

After passing the online situational judgement test ('Values Tool Test'), I was invited to a group interview where we had to create an advert for a new packet of sweets the store was to introduce.

Interview Questions

• If you could have anyone over for dinner, who would it be, and what would you cook them?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in January-2015.

Interview

Interview featured a group discussion based on health and safety/retail environment - following this a short one on one with some quick questions. The interview was conducted in groups of 4-6 and focused on success in retail contexts.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time when you've had to make an independent decision. What did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Online application - straightforward competancy questions

Face to Face Interview - Talked about previous examples of working in teams, showing initiative. This part is easy as long as you think of examples beforehand and show how they make you a good candidate - the STAR format works well for this part.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Finchley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waitrose (Finchley, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

You will fill out an application asking where you'd like to work, what hours,any restrictions you have, uniform size, and etc. A group interview based on finding your potential customers needs and selecting a product suitable to their needs, this task is more about how you interact with others and it's important you voice your opinion or you will automatically fail. Then you have an individual interview and asked a variety of questions.

Assistant Interview

Interview

There was a group interview with over 10 people there, with different exercises and roleplays involved. It took around 2 hours overall and heard back the same day. Overall I believe this was a smooth interview process.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose in July-2017.

Interview

Group assessment of around half an hour followed by general questions to the group (of 6 people). Ended with an interview for each person, mine lasted around 40 minutes.

Group assessment was to create an action plan for the day of a hypothetical store and prioritise tasks which we then fed back to the partner. It was a quite relaxed environment though, we didn't have to stand up or create anything for the presentation.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in October-2016.

Interview

I had my interview in London. The interview process was very relaxing. The first thing was a group interview but for some reason there was only one other person. We were given a list of scenarios and we had 5 minutes to read it and 20 minutes to discuss it (e.g. There was a list of workers with their skills and we had to decide which worker should deal each situation) The manager was sat next to us so they wanted to see how well you work in a team and then we had 5-10 minutes to present it to the manager. Make sure you're the person who speaks the most because they have to remember you. Act like a leader, whenever you have to say something, say it, don't wait for others to say something. it's okay to be a bit selfish in this situation. Then after that i had a 1-1 interview where they asked general questions which are listed below. My main piece of advice is that they don't really care about what you say, it's all about how you say it. Be confident. Be a leader. Give good reasons for your choices and dont forget to smile.