Interview Question

Consultant, Enterprise Risk, Technology and Information Risk Solutions, Toronto, New Grad, 2013 Interview

-Toronto, ON

Deloitte

WHAT IS YOUR AGE??? - A totally prohibited ground in HR context.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

5 Answers

Look at the question: "What is your age?" That's different from "How old are you?" Answer accordingly.

Pauli on

I was asked this question by the CEO of a company during my telephonic interview. Even though I didn't ask, told me his age. That just seemed weird and not very professional. This wasn't Deloitte.

Anonymous on

So many ways to find this information - in a, sort of, sneaky way. Has no-one noticed that now you not only being asked for your degrees but what year you obtained them - easy enough to extrapolate in the majority of cases...

Marc on

Regardless of how you frame the question, its prohibited to ask that in an interview if it relates to age, thats the law. Ask any lawyer or HR person and they will confirm it for you. I have appeared for interviews for other Consulting firms and work for an equally reputed one currently after facing 4 rounds of interviews. In this case the interviewer asked the wrong question not the firm.

Anonymous on

Considering that Deloitte is a big 4 consulting firm, a question such as WHAT IS YOUR AGE??? is totally ridiculous and unexpected and they could potentially get sued for it!!!! After having taking a course in HR I know that no employer is allowed to ask you questions such as your age??? I am not concerned about the fact that I did not get an offer but questions such as WHAT IS YOUR AGE??? etc are really prohibited!!!!

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.