Cover image for Wave

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Wave Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 154 of over 154 interviews

Employee Referral11%
Recruiter8%
HardAverageEasy

Wave

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wave

Interview

Had 3 interviews to do, each with more interesting and in depth accounting questions each time. Personally, I enjoyed the process and the format of the interviews. They were all conducted over Zoom.

Interview Questions
  • A wide range of questions, general journal entries, accounts included on reports, report analysis questions. Basic and advanced accounting principles.
    Answer Question

Wave

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wave

Interview

Very professional interview process without being over complicated. I had comfortable conversation with the manager and a few people from the team - everyone asked appropriate questions for the role. Talent representative was great and responsive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Wave

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

7d

a

Consultant - Data & Analytics

So when did Big Tech become this ruthless? Do they have any special data markers on the basis of which they make these decisions? I always saw Google as this 'do no evil' company but it was no different in this wave of layoffs. My LinkedIn feed is giving me anxiety 😔 #layoffs

31 Comments

Tech

570.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Wave~554319
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Wave? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Wave employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wave (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2022

Interview

First round of Screening with the Hiring Manger which was simply beautiful because of the hiring manager itself, followed by an hours interview with four Accounting Leads, it was really pleasant and smooth. They tap on to a relaxed setting and it helps you keep cool, which so happens to be the opposite of the anxiety that you usually feel during an interview.

Interview Questions
  • #Build a Balance Sheet #Why Accounting, # Identify the items in P&L #Diff b/w Accrual Vs Cash basis #journal entries

Wave

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wave in Oct 2022

Interview

They give neutral standardized human resource feedback. I had to ask the reason why they refused my application. They mentioned being language agnostic but did not understand my solution, even though it's available in any tutorial. I wrote my explanations, but it seems that they did not read them or made an effort to do so. I did not have the chance to explain my solution and talk with the team. Overall, it was a bad experience because I was not valued as a candidate as Wave claimed I would be.

Interview Questions
  • They asked to do a take-home language agnostic challenge.

Wave

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wave in Oct 2022

Interview

It was a really good experience. Everyone was very kind and friendly. The communication was very timely. There was always someone to ask questions between interviews. You can tell that no matter if you get hired or not they are trying to give candidates a good, professional experience, which is appreciated.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you don’t know the answer to a customer inquiry?

Wave

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wave

Interview

I picked a time to speak with the recruiter and got a calendar invite. However, the recruiter had a no-show - the meeting instruction said the reciter will call me but nobody called me during that time. After waiting for 20min+, the recruiter left a message on my phone asking me to reschedule. I followed up with an email, no response. Bizarre experience.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wave (Toronto, ON)

Interview

All in all, it was a relativley long interview process but really gave me a good sense of the company. Recruiter chat, 30 min with hiring manager, home assignment, 3*45 min interviews with 2 team members each (done back to back, so a total of 2 hours) and a call with the director. It is long, but I got to talk to a total of 9 people I will directly work with and 2 from HR. Which was great. I feel like myself and them got a good sense of each other.

Interview Questions
  • Home assignment included SQL, Python, and Looker. They asked about the assignment itself but also added general DE and BI questions about data architecture and pipelines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wave (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Very easy. 1. Phone screen. 2. Code challenge 3. Code review of take home assignment. 4. System design. 5. Meet a team lead. Take charge in steps 4-5. They act friendly, but you should treat it as if you are the team leader.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wave

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wave

Interview

- Phone call interview - Test, which is writing a program that displays information from a couple of their endpoints. - An email where they let me know whether I was going to continue with the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wave (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2022

Interview

Really smooth, fun interview process. I applied on LinkedIn and received an email from the recruiter for a 30 minute phone interview. I was told it would be about a week to hear back, a few days later I received an email to move forward to second round with team leads via Zoom. That interview was a lot of fun- very relaxed, really let’s your personality shine. It was more of a get to know you type interview rather than a replay of your resume, however you can speak on your experiences to really let yourself show through. I had received a phone call with my offer within the week.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think you’re a nice person? Tell us about a time you did something nice for someone and how you think it affected them
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 154 Interviews

Wave Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Wave as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.99 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Product Designer and Accounting Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Support Specialist and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Wave takes an average of 22 days when considering 161 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Support Specialist had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Software Developer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 76 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Wave according to 161 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.15%