Vend Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Vend

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vend (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2019.

Interview

1. HR Interview on the phone (5 minutes)
    2. Technical/soft skill interview with team leads and an office tour(1hr)
    3. Coding half-day. They will give you a problem to work on which has multiple steps. Not expected to finish. Afterwards, they will tell you more details about the position(4 hrs)

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fair. They don't try to trip you up but to see your thinking process.   Answer Question

Multiple Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vend.

Interview

Absolutely delightful. A friendly and approachable team who checked in in a timely fashion (all too rare these days). They go to great lengths to keep in touch throughout and ask meaningful and important questions. Seriously an amazing HR and on-boarding team.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vend (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with a Skype call with recruitment, followed by a one-on-one interview with someone from the team, then I was given a challenge after that was completed I had a group interview with multiple members of the team. Following that interview, I came in to join Friday night drinks and meet most of the team.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vend.

Interview

Vend were looking for an account Executive for the UK market and for some reason the recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and asked for a Skype chat, even though it was mentioned on my LinkedIn that my English isn't fluent. I thought that they are expanding to other countries and my fluency in other languages would be helpful, so I approved the appointment, but as it turned out, they don't. In the end of our Skype conversation recruiter told me that someone will contact me in a few days to arrange an interview in their UK office, but 2 weeks have already passed and noone did... I don't understand why their recruiter have contacted me in the first place if my info on LinkedIn were already showing that I'm not a right person for this position and why telling me that I'm going to have an appointment in the office soon... The recruiter just waisted mine and his time...

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vend (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

Dealt with a recruiter then Vend staff in a 2nd interview.
    Recruiter was great and laid out the options for me and what Vend was looking for (internal recruiter) laid back didnt need to where a dress shirt. Put me in front of the decision makers who were great to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What about the company/role appealed most   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Vend (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in May 2019.

Interview

The graduate day in itself was fine, three different interviews taking approx 20mins each. One behavioral, one technical and one personal. However, the process after the interview was subpar as they took ages to get back to us when it was said that they would get back to us sooner.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vend (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2017.

Interview

Dodged a BULLET!!! The first meet and greet was lovely, got to meet the team and Finance person that this role is interviewing for. HR will be the saving grace for this company - very genuine. Coffee & water was offered to me. The office makes you relax and enjoy the time during interview with dogs running around. The third round was to meet the CEO and cover a case study, the brief was very generic and thought it allowed you to showcase your approach. 40 mins into the panel discussion it was clear that the CEO lacks any people skills - no empathy or respect and also lacks the skill to ask the right questions and understand others potential skills (looks like he has a high school view of the world and was a boys club). It was obvious with all the recent Senior Management exits from Vend that there is a pattern on the real reason why they are departing. If I was an investor, I probably would hold back on any further funding (the controls do not exist and are very loose).

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vend (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Talk about rude and arrogant! If you want to attract good people how about using someone who doesn't have a chip on his shoulder to do the phone interviews! You're aim as a Talent Manager is to identify people, not belittle them and make them feel like idiots! How about being a little more professional and genuinely interested in finding out about someone's background to qualify them...just some friendly advice.
    Based on my conversation, if I were offered to go to next round, I'd say thanks but no thanks!

May 13, 2015 – VP Talent

Hi there,
    Apologies for the delay in responding to this! I hadn't seen it until now.
    Thank you for your feedback, while it's never nice to read that a candidate hasn't had a good experience with... More

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vend in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter did not show up for the first call.

I was then given a design challenge to complete directly.
    The challenge is related to their product, strangely.

Design challenge sent to recruiter, she said she'd be in touch in a week.
    Another recruiter reached out to me after a week, wanting to schedule a call.

Did not hear back since then.

Emailed the first recruiter.
    Was told the 2nd recruiter has been emailing me but didn't hear back from me, so have filled this position.
    She also said the 2nd recruiter is going to re-forward the emails she sent.

Never got the re-forwarded emails.
    Checked my junk folder, nothing.

Followed up on that, did not hear back since then.
    Never got feedback on my assignment.

Please, respect other people time.

Interview Questions

Vend Response

Jul. 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recruitment experience at Vend.
     It’s unfortunate to hear you didn’t feel you had a good experience throughout our recruitment process.
    We... More

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vend (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

I had a call with a hr person about my skills and experience. I was invited to a interview in person which I got through to the second interview stage where i had to complete a excercise task in regards to how i would answer queries.

After completing the task they said they would get back to me which they didn’t and I had to follow up to see. No response for the hr and completely left in the dark. I find it very disrespectful that they could not have the decency to thank their candidate for their time and let them know the outcome regardless if they got the job or not. It’s such a fake culture and unprofessional

Interview Questions

Vend Response

Jun. 25, 2019 – Talent Specialist

Hey there,

Thank you for leaving us a review and providing your feedback of your experience during the recruitment process. We were very surprised by your feedback as we pride ourselves on... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.