Vanguard Senior Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Senior Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

3.2

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Contacted by Vanguard recruiter via LinkedIn. Phone call with the recruiter who set up an initial phone interview with a Manager. Proceeded to virtual interviews (offices closed due to Covid-19). The virtual interview was conducted over 3 hours with several managers and senior managers. STAR format and case study. See previous posts- pretty accurate going back to 2015. They are primarily looking for someone to make warm calls all day long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 5 different people total, including managers and a peer. All the people were pretty normal except the last guy who acted very strange, he appeared not to like me for some reason. A lot of people are leaving Vanguard for Financial Engines for a more normal work environment. They have been interviewing for the Sr. Financial Advisor role for months and they are still advertising for the same role right now. Obviously some turnover and culture issues going on; a colleague of mine left Vanguard due to the highly political environment.

Interview Questions

• Situational interview questions, they really grill you at the very end. What is your greatest weakness, and then they really drill down after you tell them like you answered it the wrong way.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Painfully contrived. Basically the interview comprised of STAR format questions and a role play that didn't accurately depict the way human conversations occur in any way shape or form. The interview process for an employee who has tenure and has shown the ability to do the job, has the qualifications, and has plenty of precedent to lean on in regarding previous experience in a nearly carbon copy of a role, is absolutely ridiculous. Interview feedback was as nit picky as I've ever seen, and it was clear that senior management viewed the interview as an opportunity for them to put a "reason" for not hiring qualified people so they could continue with their own agenda of hiring who they had initially set out to hire in the first place. Patronizing dog and pony show.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision at work.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in June 2015.

Interview

Located via linkedin. First step is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then face 2 face with hiring managers. Unfortunately, although my background met the requirements of the position, I did not progress to the next stage of the interview process.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.