Vanguard Customer Relationship Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Customer Relationship Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

2.7

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call interview which lasted about 20 mins, it was very awkward the entire time. The interviewer was just reading questions off a piece of paper, then finished off by saying that there are no current openings, but that they recommend that I apply again next month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

emailed me about rescheduling about 3 times, very unprofessional!! called before scheduled time !! 45 min earlier. I was over qualified any ways so It does not really matter! we were on the phone for 2 minutes and once she knew that I can only work for one year she said we can't sponsor you and it is not a good investment to hire you for one year only..

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are a good fit
      why this position
      then she jumped into so-called Yes or No question, are you authorized to work in the U.S. without the need of sponsorship ?
      she ended up saying sorry even though I know they accept Work permit   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It's a 4 hour interview... a 1 hour presentation, two separate 1 hour interviews, and a 1 hour assessment which they say they only use for training purposes if you are hired. They had the basic behavioral interview questions but there was also a case study interview with the worst part, a mock phone call... be sure the come with your acting skills prepared!

Interview Questions

• Role playing a phone conversation with a client.   1 Answer

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online got email 2 hours after applying. i set up a phone interview with them. recruiter was nice, asked easy questions. what is stocks, bonds, index funds, and mutual funds. what recent financial news have you read that interested you.

Interview Questions

• Describe something unethical that happen to you in school or work.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Greenville, SC (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 25 minutes over the phone with an HR employee. They asked some simple questions about how comfortable I'd be taking 30-60 calls per day with clients and also about salary. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a stock and a bond and can you please define each?   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

it was a 30 mins conversation, the person interviewing me was cool and laid back. Ask about current events, define those terms, and a few STAR formats question. Haven't heard back from them at all, the recruiter told me the earliest for the second interview wont be until May so I don't think I got the offer for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• define bonds/ETF/mutualfunds/stock, name a current event that interested you.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter about a week after. Set up a phone interview for later that week which was about 30 minutes. Need to know basic mutual fund, stock, ETF, etc terminology. In person interview is about 4 hours (plus driving about 30 minutes early). 4 stages and important to understand STAR method.

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a follow up call and scheduled a phone interview. I was then asked to attend an in person interview. The interview was an all day event with group interactions, presentations, and individual interview.

Interview Questions

• You are taken in a room where you take an assessment. The most difficult question was specifics on advising a client of where to take money from to pay for child's college.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)).

Interview

It is a very long process. Phone interview and very detailed in person interviews. The interviews are situational based using the STAR method - situation, task, action, result. Very detailed process. Some of it is duplicated and seems unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• The STAR questions. They want specific situations and actions.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview is the first step
    Afterwards, you'll get an invitation to the campus to learn about the company and have your formal interview
    The interview is 2 sections. Both 1-on-1. One is behavioral (STAR questions!!!) other is situational where you're given a phone situation and act out how you would handle
    After, you'll get a call from the recruiter you've been working with (about 2 weeks later)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation with a client   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.