VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at VMware

1,410 Interview Reviews

3.1

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in February-2018.

Interview

Entretien téléphonique, puis tests de logique et de capacités. Enfin : assessment center à Cork, en Irlande. VMWare est une belle compagnie et le processus était très sympathique : le seul problème est que personne n'a reçu de feedback sur ses entretiens, même 6 mois après.

Interview Questions

• Faites un "whiteboard" de 5 minutés pour définir le futur des Software Defined Data Center pour les industries et les entreprises.   Answer Question

Interview

Un appel téléphonique d'un RH basé à Cork, puis un entretien avec un manager afin d'échanger sur le poste sous forme de discussion et enfin un entretien avec la directrice plus basique avec des questions classiques

Interview Questions

• Qualités/défauts, ambitions, exemple de projets menés   Answer Question

Colleague Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Paris (France)) in April-2019.

Interview

1 appel téléphonique du recruteur VMWARE en Anglais qui vous explique un peu le poste, vous demande ce que vous faites actuellement, vos prétentions salariales et ensuite vous présente l’entreprise ainsi que les avantages. Ensuite 2 ème entretien en conf call video avec le manager du poste et 3 ème entretien en conf call avec le responsable technique pour évaluer vos compétences. Et dernier entretien téléphonique avec recruteur pour proposition d’embauche.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for what I was told was a community manager position, which sounded right up my alley. My first impression when I got there was that the office looked like a sweatshop - hundreds of bodies in a single room (which apparently used to be a trading room floor), crammed together, with no personal space. I interviewed with two people who apparently didn't even know what position I was being interviewed for. Then I was told "We are looking for writers." Well that's funny, since I was told something totally different by the recruiter. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Being told that I was not, in fact, there to interview for the position they originally told me I was a candidate for.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screening with her. Next had a 30 minute Skype interview with higher positioned employee. Had a third interview with a senior HR manager that was remote. First two interviews were enjoyable, but the last one was difficult. The senior HR came off as someone who has worked there too long and does not enjoy the company structure.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite hobby? What is your experience with social media?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware in July-2010.

Interview

It was a long, long process. They were extremely slow with their offer and I had to get a job to make ends meet in the mean time during this process. Kept saying this will be your start date and it would get pushed a few days, a week, two weeks. It was extremely frustrating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and standard.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (Denver, CO (US)) in October-2011.

Interview

I heard back from HR the day after I submitted my resume online. I had a brief telephone interview; my in person interview was scheduled at the same time for the next week. However, after taking the time to visit their office, still not sure why they interviewed me. It was obvious that they had already selected a candidate. Never heard back from the hiring manager or HR after in person interview. Nothing at all.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience match our needs?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

HR call, Skype Interview, Phone interview. That's it.

Not too many technical questions. The company wants to hire qualified as well as great people.

Just be yourself and make an impression. Of course it is vital to answer questions eloquently and demonstrate your competence as a candidate. That is a given, but beyond that you need to be remembered to be considered for any position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the realm of your responsibilities.   2 Answers
    • Complete this sentence with one word. As a consultant, my job is to ______   4 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March-2018.

Interview

HR call, senior consultant phone interview 1, senior consultant phone interview 2, and then video call by hiring manager. The HR call was to talk about the position (not actually an "interview"). The remaining three interviews questioned your personality and character. They want to hire really good people who will fit into the company culture. Definitely do your research on EPIC2 values and impress them with that. They are a great company looking for great people - be yourself and always be honest. They asked me if I was ready to lead a team, and I answered no, but the interviewer appreciated me for being honest.

Interview Questions

• Subnet, modem, router, active directory/DNS, switches   1 Answer
    • Best and worst team experience   1 Answer
    • What are the EPIC2 values? Which one resonates best with you?   1 Answer
    • What does VMware do? Why do you want to work here? Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • Career goals and how you expect to achieve them   1 Answer
    • Have you done your absolute best at school? What is something you wish your university would have offered if you could go back in time?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Most important thing/quality about a consultant? Why do you want to be a consultant?   1 Answer
    • Why do you like technology?   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA (US)) in April-2016.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial interview with the HR recruiter then was followed by two interviews from different Directors of Architecture over the next couple weeks. All of the interviews seemed to go well and was under the impression that I would be a good fit. However, was told via an email that they would not be moving forward. Even after emailing asking for feedback I was given no explanation as to why. Additionally, the position seemed rather new and I was given very different answers from the interviewers about what the role of the job would actually be.

Interview Questions

• What is your current knowledge about VMware? How would you go about solving a general customer problem?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.