VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

VMware Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

1,491 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
63%
16%
21%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
28%
23%
22%
17
4
3
3

Difficulty

3.1
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy
  1.  

    Partner Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

    Interview

    entretien poussé, au détail des compétences et du poste, alternance des managers opérationnels et stratégiques, rédaction d'un argumentaire, simulation de rencontre avec des partenaires, délai entre les entretiens, usage de l'anglais quasi permanent

    Interview Questions

    • quelle est la mesure de l'impact d'un écosystème de partenaires au sein d'une organisation comme la notre ?   Answer Question

  2. Helpful (2)  

    Technical Account Manager Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Paris (France)) in September 2019.

    Interview

    1 screening call en anglais, puis entretient avec hiring manager 3 semaines plus tard, 1 entretien qualifié de "technique" 3 semaines plus tard qui ne l'est pas trop en soi (quel est le nom de telle solution Vmware...) et finalement deux mois (!) après avoir lancé le processus un recruteur vous rappelle pour vous dire que vous ne ferez pas l'affaire, que cela avait décidé par le hiring manager 1 mois plus tôt car vous manquez d'expérience.... On se moque allègrement des gens et on se réfugie derrière des process et des events soit disant chronophage... Y avait-il une réelle intention d'embaucher ou s'agissait-il surtout de remplir un base de données de candidats potentiels ?!

    Interview Questions

    • Comment s'appelle la solution Vmware pour les poste de travail ?   1 Answer
  3. Helpful (1)  

    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Interview

    Un appel téléphonique d'un RH basé à Cork, puis un entretien avec un manager afin d'échanger sur le poste sous forme de discussion et enfin un entretien avec la directrice plus basique avec des questions classiques

    Interview Questions

    • Qualités/défauts, ambitions, exemple de projets menés   Answer Question

  4.  

    Graduate Program Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in February 2018.

    Interview

    Entretien téléphonique, puis tests de logique et de capacités. Enfin : assessment center à Cork, en Irlande. VMWare est une belle compagnie et le processus était très sympathique : le seul problème est que personne n'a reçu de feedback sur ses entretiens, même 6 mois après.

    Interview Questions

    • Faites un "whiteboard" de 5 minutés pour définir le futur des Software Defined Data Center pour les industries et les entreprises.   Answer Question

  5.  

    Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)).

    Interview

    I had several interviews with various management and future coworkers over the phone. As this was a pre-sales role, I was asked to create a presentation and review that presentation onsite in Texas. I was flown there and presented. It went well, just a really long day as I traveled from many states away then back in the same day.

    Interview Questions


  6.  

    EUC Sales Specialist Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

    Interview

    15-minute phone interview with Recruiter, 30-minute phone interview with manager, 30-minute phone interview with another manager, on-site interview(2 hours, interviewed with 3 people on team and managers from previous interviews)

    Interview Questions

    • Challenge you faced, How'd you overcome it, What did you learn   Answer Question

  7.  

    Customer Renewals Specialist Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)).

    Interview

    The Interview process was prompt, accommodating, and my recruiter Will was an amazing guide through and after the process. First step was a 30 Interview with the Recruiter, followed by a 30 minute interview with the Hiring Manager. In less than a day my recruiter called and scheduled me for In-Person Interviews. In total I had three In-person interviews, 45 minutes each with both managers and the director of the renewals teams. All were very attentive and courteous. After my final interview my recruiter walked me out and let me know they would have decisions made and he would personally call me no later than the following Wednesday, if not sooner. (Though I didn’t expect this to be the case – as it almost never is, Will called me on Tuesday and let me know how I did in my interviews and provided true feedback. I did not get selected for the position. However, Will then actually offered his time to provide guidance and feedback on how to best position myself and on a fairly detailed process to help me achieve MY goals professionally. He actually took an hour to answer my questions, provide insights from the other side of the table and let me know the things that equate to success that no one else but a top notch recruiter would know. He even set aside a time in a few weeks for us to reconnect for analysis! I have to say it was a mind blowing and wonderfully helpful experience I never expected!

    Interview Questions

    • “Tell me about your professional background and each of the roles you held with an emphasis on successes and skillsets you feel you gained or mastered that will set you up for success in this role?”   Answer Question
  8.  

    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware in December 2019.

    Interview

    I applied through JumpStart and got scheduled for a phone screen with a recruiter. The phone screen just went over my resume and it was just an opportunity for the recruiter to get to know me better. After that I was scheduled to interview with a manager for the TAM role. Around the time for my interview to begin the manager had to reschedule my interview because of a customer emergency (which was fine for me). After rescheduling I had the interview. The manager was very friendly. However, he was also very unprofessional. I could tell that he was driving somewhere and he was a little preoccupied. Once he got to his destination and entered a building he paused the interview to say hello to people which I thought was very weird and unprofessional. I believe during the course of the interview he went home and back and remarked about how no one saved him mac and cheese. (Like huh?) Very very cringe. It was literally the most unprofessional, joke of an interview I ever had. It was very very strange to say the least.
    After ending that interview, I received an email about two days later stating that I had moved on to the final round and was going to have a face to face interview at their office in Columbus. I was told that travel details will be soon given to me. But two business days before my interview I received nothing! I then reached out to the recruiter and received a reply stating that my interview was actually not finalized by the hiring manager. (But they already confirmed a date for me and were going to send me flight details!!) I reached out to the recruiter twice in the span of about a month asking when my interview would be rescheduled which she replied that the hiring managers have still not given her a date (three weeks after my final week interview was supposed to happen...). After a month of patiently waiting for my final interview to be given to me I was rejected! VMware's TAM role interview has been the most unprofessional, and rude interview process I have every gone through in my life. They have absolutely no regard for your time and for their word. I highly recommend to NOT apply to the TAM role because they give you false hopes and retract what they say. Such a waste of time.

    Interview Questions


  9. Helpful (1)  

    New Grad Associate Account Manager Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

    Interview

    The phone screening was pretty quick, they recruiter kind of rushed through the process so sometimes I didn't get a chance to respond to questions how I eanted to.

    Interview Questions


  10. Helpful (1)  

    Senior Integrated Marketing Manager Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

    Interview

    The company sent a dear john note 6 months after I applied and reached out via LinkedIN. Completely pathetic and lazy. I had a friend who went through 7 interviews and then was declined the job, as they hired someone from within. Incredibly unprofessional and disrespective to say at least.


Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.