VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at VMware

1,548 Interview Reviews

3.1

Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

entretien poussé, au détail des compétences et du poste, alternance des managers opérationnels et stratégiques, rédaction d'un argumentaire, simulation de rencontre avec des partenaires, délai entre les entretiens, usage de l'anglais quasi permanent

Interview Questions

• quelle est la mesure de l'impact d'un écosystème de partenaires au sein d'une organisation comme la notre ?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Paris (France)) in September 2019.

Interview

1 screening call en anglais, puis entretient avec hiring manager 3 semaines plus tard, 1 entretien qualifié de "technique" 3 semaines plus tard qui ne l'est pas trop en soi (quel est le nom de telle solution Vmware...) et finalement deux mois (!) après avoir lancé le processus un recruteur vous rappelle pour vous dire que vous ne ferez pas l'affaire, que cela avait décidé par le hiring manager 1 mois plus tôt car vous manquez d'expérience.... On se moque allègrement des gens et on se réfugie derrière des process et des events soit disant chronophage... Y avait-il une réelle intention d'embaucher ou s'agissait-il surtout de remplir un base de données de candidats potentiels ?!

Interview Questions

• Comment s'appelle la solution Vmware pour les poste de travail ?   1 Answer

Interview

Un appel téléphonique d'un RH basé à Cork, puis un entretien avec un manager afin d'échanger sur le poste sous forme de discussion et enfin un entretien avec la directrice plus basique avec des questions classiques

Interview Questions

• Qualités/défauts, ambitions, exemple de projets menés   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in February 2018.

Interview

Entretien téléphonique, puis tests de logique et de capacités. Enfin : assessment center à Cork, en Irlande. VMWare est une belle compagnie et le processus était très sympathique : le seul problème est que personne n'a reçu de feedback sur ses entretiens, même 6 mois après.

Interview Questions

• Faites un "whiteboard" de 5 minutés pour définir le futur des Software Defined Data Center pour les industries et les entreprises.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Interview

The most insulting process ever. Even with an internal referral from a Staff Solutions Engineer I got a random generated note within 8 hours saying sorry. No explanation. No way to get a hold of people. This was for Carbon Black. I have a great resume when it comes to EDR.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Hackerrank with multiple choice and coding exercise, then on-site with four technical interviews. Focused on systems knowledge and algorithms, no questions harder than Leetcode medium/easy. Recruiter called within a week with an offer.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Screened by HR recruiter. First interviewed with hiring manager (Director) then additional interviews setup after passing this 'gate'. Interviewed with three additional leaders at Director level. Process started slow after screening with recruiter then accelerated when interviewing with leadership.

Interview Questions

• Share experience defining KPI's and measuring success of project?   2 Answers

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview process was a bit chaotic and disjointed. Received an email from HR saying they were moving on with other candidates and then a few days later an email from the hiring mgr to say that they would like to have me talk to other folks. The right hand didn't seem to know what the left hand was doing.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VMware in June 2020.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through Linkedin and said the Hiring Manager wants to talk to me. The recruiter was prompt in arranging calls and rescheduling it due to HM's schedule. It was a video call and I was well dressed up and was expecting atleast professional attire from the HM for the call. The call started well by introduction from me and the job role and responsibilities discussion.
    He asked few problems which their team is facing in their automation project and how I would take the approach to solve it. I did gave my approach in details, but it seems he did not like the approach.
    The most negative point was his family members moving around in front of the camera during the call and looking at me in the camera. It was so embarrassing and distracting for me.
    The HM was constantly getting distracted from the interview and was chatting or replying to mails.
    The interviewer needs to understand that if we are taking out our valuable time for the interview , then the interviewer also needs to respect our time.
    Did not accept this from a top company like VMWare. Hope they take a note of it.

Interview Questions

• Multiple Test Suites are running, how to extract results from each execution and classify in different modules   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Week 1: Application submission via employee referral
    Week 2: Recruiter email asking to speak with me and recruiter phone screening
    Week 3: Zoom interview with hiring manager
    Week 4: Zoom interviews with 3 team members
    Week 6: Offer received

Overall, the recruiters and interviewers were extremely professional. The recruiters were prompt in their responses and made sure to keep me in the loop with the process. One thing that struck me about the interviewers was that they all genuinely appeared to be happy employees. It's rare to speak with people who can endlessly list the reasons why they love working for their company.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in cross-functional teams?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.