VMware Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

VMware Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Interview

I came into the office and interviewed with the manager of the Federal inside team. I had 2 different interviews--with each manager on the Federal inside team. They asked that I provide a presentation to test my knowledge of Federal and also the territory that I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was about the current requirements that are going on for VMware in the territory I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the recruiter, which took about 15 minutes. The second step was a phone interview with the hiring manager, which was a very direct conversation. He assessed that I was qualified enough for an in person interview. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and two other inside sales managers and was intense. About a week later I was contacted with an offer. The whole process took about a month.

Negotiation

I received an offer more than I expected so I accepted it right away.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview- The woman I talked to was very friendly and followed up with an email to list the next steps I needed to take. She was very friendly and made me feel comfertable talking to her. She briefly talked to me about the hiring process and the inside sales training location in Austin, Texas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your prior sales experience?

Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

3 phone interviews and 2 on-site interviews. They initially have you set up for phone discussions with 2-3 upper management contacts. After you pass through that phase you will come on-site for an interview with a hiring manager. The first time is not always a fit, but their recruiters do a good job of plugging you into other opportunities. For me, the second opportunity was a win/win,

Interview Questions

• They will ask about your understanding of VMware's SDDC vision and specifically initiatives of NSX, End User Computing and vCloudAir.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Friendly and easy interviews from start to end. Process took roughly one month from first to last interview. I was ultimately not extended a job offer due to an absence of technological sales on my CV, but made it through to the last round. Great company nonetheless, and interviewing was a net positive.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

It was fantastic, very detailed

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

very lengthy process and multiple interviews. They bring in many people at once and it is very tedious

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview and then leads to an onsite interview which is usually with one or more inside sales representatives and followed by one or more inside sales managers. After that, they will do a background check on you and some other formalities but that is it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? What do you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more compensation two separate times and was granted more each time

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview and hiring process at VMware was as condensed and efficient as one could hope for. They were respectful of my time and need to give notice and there was no long drawn out, multiple interview scenario. One brief phone interview and one in person interview, and an offer five days later after two follow ups from me.

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward; consider the number of applicants for the position, the market, and whether you were recruited, or initiated the job search so that you don't negotiate yourself out of a position.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.