Cover image for VCA Canada

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

VCA Canada Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at VCA Canada

VCA Canada

Application

I interviewed at VCA Canada

Interview

clinic tour and discussion about the job offer and the job expectations. She mostly checked my english level and ask me if I was ok to work as a technician assistant with a european veterinary diploma. she spoke about the salary and the shifts.

Interview Questions
  • everything about my visa, my diploma, my english, and my desire to do night shifts.
    Answer Question

VCA Canada

Application

I interviewed at VCA Canada

Interview

Interview for co-op placement at VCA was simple and straightforward. A one-on-one interview with the hiring manager who was also the head Vet Tech at the location. No previous experience needed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VCA Canada (Barrie, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

It was a phone interview after being reached out to by email through both the VCA job finder and Indeed site, due to living situation and Covid-19 safety protocols. :))))))))

Interview Questions
  • My values, how I plan to handle high stress situations, what would benefit them to have me on the team, ETC.

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at VCA Canada (Mississauga, ON) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was REALLY fast. We did a Zoom call due to covid. A few days later I had an in-person interview and got to observe the current employees to get a feel of my future duties and see if it felt like a good fit.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing specific to the role. We just discussed my previous experience and availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCA Canada (London, ON) in Nov 2020

Interview

In depth interview process, was a positive experience they were flexible with when I could interview. Was interviewed by other managers, veterinarian, and regional manager. Friendly welcoming team. Felt well prepared for each interview based on feedback given from previous one.

Interview Questions
  • Scenario Questions, give examples of situations where you had to resolve issues between staff.

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCA Canada (Victoria, BC) in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied online with cover letter and resume. I got an email back within a week to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was great and let me know all pros and cons of the job. The next step in the process is a "working interview" where I go in for a shift and see if it is a good fit. Overall great experience with the company so far.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for VCA? Why do you think you would be a good fit?

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCA Canada (Calgary, AB) in Aug 2020

Interview

I interviewed during covid, so the first interview was obviously over the phone. There was then a second interview at the clinic. They made sure to bring out a spare mask in case I didn't have one, and gave me a tour of the place.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were all very straight forward customer service style questions, and also making sure the work schedule would be a good fit. It is a 24 hour clinic and they have requirements of being able to work any of the shifts to be considered full time.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VCA Canada (Edmonton, AB) in Jan 2019

Interview

It was a three hour working interview. I demonstrated my skills on the few patients that did come in for a consultation. Was very easy and straight forward, they were open with letting me do my own thing and show them my knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Not many questions were asked, I mainly did the asking, they seemed like I already had the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VCA Canada (Calgary, AB) in Jan 2019

Interview

Interview process was exhausting. The company EMAILED to arrange a phone interview. Phone interview went great and progressed to a in person interview. The in person interview took over an hour, seemed to go well and was even introduced to the VP whom the interviewers brought in to meet me. However, extremely poor follow up. Did not hear from the company for over 2 weeks. Emailed following my interview to thank the interviewers and then followed up multiple times during the following weeks during which time the position was still showing as open on various job sites. Finally heard back from the company in the 3rd week where they apologized for not EMAILING sooner and the position had been filled. The professionalism and approach to the interview process was appalling - candidates should be called to arrange interviews and should definitely be notified following an interview. Would not interview with this company again.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions - Tell about yourself, Strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VCA Canada (Calgary, AB) in Aug 2018

Interview

Emailed asking about job opening. Got a reply within 1-2 weeks to schedule an interview. The interview went very well. The one who interviewed me was very nice and welcoming. Was a bit busy when I came so I had to wait a bit longer but overall everything was very professional

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews