University of Western Ontario Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

University of Western Ontario Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Western Ontario

2.5

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Interview

Most important step is to get into contact with the manager of Housing and Ancillary Services. From there it is simply a matter of applying when they start searching for Front Desk Clerks. The interviews are pretty straight forward and are secondary when there is some familiarity with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness? How to deal with a problematic scenario   Answer Question

Interview

Came into the building and sat down with two people. It was nice talking to them and it was pretty casual overall, I wore casual clothing and didn't prepare beforehand.

Digital Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in May 2020.

Interview

Three stage process; first stage was the standard cover letter/resume submission, second stage was a one-way video interview (given about 10 questions and then asked to film yourself answering them), and then the final stage was a Zoom interview. Prior to the Zoom interview we were asked to fill out a short survey, as well as critique a sample piece of work. Whole process took about a month and a half, everyone was very friendly and warm.

Interview Questions

• What does it take to make a good online course?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a project you have worked on that used the skills relevant to this position?   Answer Question
    • What skills has your prior employment/volunteer experience taught you?   Answer Question
    • What is the key to good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us a specific scenario where you used good customer service and received a positive outcome?   Answer Question
    • Can you explain your experience using ______ software?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario in March 2020.

Interview

It was super fun! The interview started at 6 am in the morning and ran until 8 am. It was a group interview and you went around in stations - some of them were games and some were group behavioural questions and one was an individual interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Interview

2 questions, one for personal question, and one for technical question. The interview will be held through the Internet. You have one minute to think about the question and five minutes to answer the question.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

A sit down with the PI, I was asked about my previous experience in a lab and what techniques I know. Also talked to the other members (grad students) to see which projects I would be interested in assisting on. Heard back 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had in a lab setting & how much time will you be able to dedicate to this role on a weekly basis?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Interview

Submitted the application online. Got the interview invitation the second day they closed the application. It was a panel interviews. They asked some common interview questions. Nothing difficult. The whole process was 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?   1 Answer

Residence Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Interview

A pretty straightforward process. They asked about my skills and how I would handle customer situations etc. Pretty standard stuff, honestly. Everything was fair. There was a phone one first, then an in-person one second.

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied and got an invitation for video interview. Completed the video interview and received a call for interview in person. The interview panel was patient and gave me Enough time to answer the questions. I was interviewed for document processor but they extended the interview invitation for admissions officer and i was given an offer letter without any delay.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions. Eg: how did you handle a difficult customer. How would you evaluate whether they were happy with the service.   Answer Question

Financial Officer Interview

Interview

Very professional and easy process. They will set up a phone interview first before proceeding with an in person interview. It is fairly detailed though so make sure you are prepared.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.