University of Western Ontario Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

University of Western Ontario Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Western Ontario

2.4

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Interview

Most important step is to get into contact with the manager of Housing and Ancillary Services. From there it is simply a matter of applying when they start searching for Front Desk Clerks. The interviews are pretty straight forward and are secondary when there is some familiarity with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness? How to deal with a problematic scenario   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in August 2018.

Interview

Panel interview using a job-specific standard list of interview questions. Everyone was quite friendly and took turns asking questions.

The interview addressed both how my past experience would support me in the role, and a forward-looking question about how the role fits into my career ambitions; there was a real focus on the educational aspect of an internship, as one might expect of an internship in a university environment.

This interview was with the Student Success Centre.

Interview Questions

• What are three skills you will bring to the team? For each skill, provide an example of how you have displayed/practiced this skill in the past.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume online.
    Phone interview with Purchasing Manager was set up by administration.
    2nd interview was a panel approach in person, on site consisting of the Purchasing Manager, HR Director and Director of Purchasing.
    Group was friendly and warm.
    Interview had a structure and folks stuck to asking questions pertinent to the theme at the time in order to not confuse the candidate.
    Transparent about contract and opportunities for advancement.

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in June 2014.

Interview

Basic questions, tell me about yourself, previous experiences, showed me around the office. Asked Iif I have any computer skills. Officer was very nice. Relaxed environment. Then got an email form the employer in 2 days.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received email requesting interview and link to doodle poll to fill in times that I was available. Parking for interviews at western can be a bit tricky and pricey. The parking lot that was closest to interview location was full so I paid and waited hoping someone would return to their car before I was late for the interview. Luckily someone did and I wasn't late!
    Interview was very straight forward panel interview including HR rep, hiring manager and additional person from the department. Included questions about resume, scenario, and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time a customer asked you to bend the rules.   Answer Question

Senior Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Interview

Group interview was clearly used to save time given the number of candidates. Mostly behavioural questions, asked to prepare a project to discuss beforehand. Interviewers were the direct supervisor and the company manager

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Interview

The role of Graduate Teaching Assistant is given to Graduate Students upon availability and request. There is no standard interview. The only important thing to do is to get taken as a graduate student. A strong cover letter is what makes all the difference.

Grad Student Interview

Interview

addmited by my supervisor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in October 2014.

Interview

I had responded to an email job ad that was circulated among my department. Application process and interview set-up was all done via email.

The actual interview:
    Very comfortable experience. Had some pre-interview jitters, but once the interview was underway, it was nothing too gut-wrenching.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Western Ontario (London, ON) in January 2017.

Interview

send a resume to the professor, talk about the research object. appointment an interview, the professor will talk about the past experience and ask some questions about the knowledge of your BA courses

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.