University of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

University of Waterloo Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Waterloo

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was comparable to that I've experienced at for-profit large corporations. All employees acted professionally and were quick to provide a decision on employment. I would recommend this as a great job opportunity to other potential job applicants.

Interview Questions

• How applicable experiences would relate to the current position.   1 Answer

PhD Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

The selection was based on committee decision, past achievements in the field, GRE general and GRE subject scores as well as TOEFL scores. The results were announced within approximately four months of the application. After the acceptance, I took around 4-5 months to start my PhD program

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON).

Interview

resume, interview in front of a panel and hope for the best. My experience was not standard because i was referred by a friend who knew someone in HR. That is all I have to say!

Talent Acquisition Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online through the University of Waterloo website and received an in person interview at the University of Waterloo. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I found out the results a month later.

Interview Questions

Interview

I am not sure whether we have an interview before we became the research assistant. Each graduate student could have a part time job at the campus either as a research assistant or teaching assistant.

Interview

Met with manager and faculty for in person interview. Standard questions based on role. HR handles offer but departments oversee specific hiring. Overall process took a few weeks. The interview took approximately up minutes.

Communications/Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in July 2019.

Interview

I was invited for an in person interview a couple of weeks after applying. It was a panel interview with the hiring manager and another team member. Before getting into their questions, they asked if I had any questions about the role which I really appreciated. All of the questions they asked were very specific to the role and my experience. They answered all of my questions (and I had a lot) and seemed very passionate about their jobs and the university. I had a second follow up phone interview with HR that was more behavioural questions. Everyone was really transparent about the hiring process and next steps.

Interview Questions

• What type of person/personality do you find most difficult to work with?   Answer Question

The role I interviewed for was a dream role for me and turning it down was one of the hardest decisions I have had to make. If I lived closer, I wouldn’t have hesitated to take this role but for personal reasons, I was unable to move to Waterloo right now. Everyone I interacted with during the interview process were extremely nice, helpful and passionate about their jobs and would have been great to work with and learn from.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON).

Interview

it takes about two sessions technical questions from the prof and questions regarding your career goal and future plans your resume is important and your reference letter from previous supervisor or professor

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

Very standard interview. It consisted of the typical behavioural and situational type questions. For example, "tell me about a time when....", "how to you handle 'x' types of situations...", "tell me about yourself..." etc etc

Interview Questions

• I was given a list of things to do in Excel and 8 minutes to complete it   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

Received and email inviting to interview (4 day notice), asked for alternative time slot since it was difficult to get the time off at the current job, I was refused an alternative time. I made it work, after interview request for references was received within 3 days (3 references requested including 1st to be current employer) I sent along all references, asking if current employer would be left out of contact or at least a heads-up for when they would to allow for me to have 'that' conversation with current employer. UW HR did not give me notice or courtesy of doing so, contacted my employer same day. Received an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Experience with R/ Rstudio, statistical software or multiple OS? Combined with customer service academic experience with researchers/students?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.