University of Toronto Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 334 of over 334 interviews

In Person13%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON)

Interview

I was interviewed by three people. They all sat in comfortable chairs around a long table. Meanwhile, they made me sit at the edge of the table which was quite uncomfortable as I was right up against the steel table legs. I was not at ease during the whole interview, even more so when they gave me a small laptop to do a writing exercise at that same edge of the table. I recall a time when almost all job interviews would have a friendly and engaging tone. It was understood by all parties that even though you weren't guaranteed the job, everyone could nonetheless be pleasant and encourage open, cordial conversation. That was not the case at this interview. This was more of an ultra-modern, bureaucratic tone where the company obviously chose to project a cold and disengaged demeanour. Sadly, this now seems to be more and more the norm for job interviews.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were mostly situational and the tone was cold and mechanical. They concluded by asking me for my thoughts on diversity in the workplace.
    Answer Question

University of Toronto

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

I received the questions ahead of the interview and got 30mins to prepare. The interview was pleasant and interviewers are nice and friendly. Most of the questions are about my own experiences and the requirement of the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Toronto

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

They first emailed to set up the interview time. Then after we agreed on time, they sent an invite for a virtual interview through Microsoft Teams. It was only around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Toronto

Application

I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

The interview involved questions about the role and the research area. It was a relatively casual process but questions required preparation and experience relevant to the role. Also some general interview questions related to interpersonal skills and teamwork.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest weakness? What experiences do you have that are relevant to the position?

University of Toronto

Application

I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

The interview process was smooth, but with a slow response time from application submission to hearing back from them. Two rounds first technical and then behavioral interviews. The decision came in a week or so.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON)

Interview

The interview was great, I already had funding so it focused mainly on what types of projects my supervisor had available and which ones I was interested in and how that could fit together.

Interview Questions
  • Describe to me what you already know about environmental modelling

University of Toronto

Application

I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

Efficient and positive experience to work at the university help desk. Emphasis on strong customer service skills and technical problem solving. The 1-on-1 interview itself can be long, but it's not intimidating as long as you know some basic IT troubleshooting, have used common operating systems, and can be professional in customer-facing roles.

Interview Questions
  • Teach me how to do something in-depth in 5 minutes. Roleplay type questions like a user not being able to log into a website. Basic networking questions like subnetting, SMTP, TCP/IP, ...

University of Toronto

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person at the institution. 1 to 1 format. Many behavioural questions followed by an opportunity to ask any questions. Discussed offer during the interview. Received a follow-up email confirmation of the offer within a week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Toronto

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

Discussed with professor about the job and my qualifications. It is more like a small talk, because there are not many students applying for the job. We also discussed detailed implementation of the website.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Toronto

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

3 questions composed of 1 written with 2 video questions. You have 2 to 3 minutes to answer each question. You can pause before you start. You can also practice your interview unlimited times.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 334 Interviews