University of Toronto Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 351 interviews

Campus Recruiting13%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

University of Toronto

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview

They first emailed to set up the interview time. Then after we agreed on time, they sent an invite for a virtual interview through Microsoft Teams. It was only around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any questions?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2019

Interview

You meet with a rep from HR and at least 2-3 other individuals involved with the position. They take turns asking questions. It is uncomfortable, extremely formal and cold. You will also have to either do a presentation or a computer assessment test. Most importantly, the hiring process at UofT is often illegal and a set up. They already have who they want to hire in mind and prep that person. They are required to interview others, so they waist everyone’s time in the process. I seen it happen with several positions over my years employed there. If you are not an internal employee applying within it is a pretty slim chance you will be hired...you are being used as a pawn.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time when you were in a disagreement with another employee and how you handled it
2 people found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

10m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,843

955 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2018

Interview

I was interviewed by three people, an HR consultant and two Faculty members. The interview was a power game between the HR consultant and the Faculty members requiring assistance. Although I have recent experience in a similar position and excellent references, I made the mistake of addressing myself to the Faculty and not the HR consultant.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself
  • Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a client/student

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2018

Interview

Applied through website, took about a month to reach out to me for an interview and another month for them to reach a decision. They let you know by email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2018

Interview

The interview was very easy. I applied online and was contact after about 1 month. I met with the team (panel interview) and was offered the role the same day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2017

Interview

There was one interview, scheduled 3 weeks in advanced. There was a panel, and they asked me questions. There was a form that I had to submit that asked for 3 references. The recruiter said that after they have interviewed their candidates they will contact for permission to connect with the references I submitted.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2014

Interview

Casual and informal. Relaxed environment. Two people interviewed me: Manager and Assistant Manager. Show examples of your work on paper or online portfolio. Concrete examples that can help them assess your qualifications. Be prepared with situations that demonstrate your decision-making.

Interview Questions
  • Show us what you have done with MS Word and MS Excel.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON) in May 2011

Interview

Straightforward with skills test immediately.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed