University of Calgary Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

University of Calgary Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Calgary

2.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Calgary.

Interview

Had a straightforward, in-person interview with the hiring manager a month or so after applying online. It was a structured but fairly relaxed interview. I was asked a series of questions with regards to my fit for this the specific position, about my previous experiences, and availability.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

I met with a PI and one of the current project managers. The interview process was smooth and the staff were friendly. I was told that there was an internal candidate already being considered at the beginning of the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous project management experience and future career goals   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary.

Interview

Very effecient at getting back to me and being flexible to arranging the next stage after my resume review. Whole process made me feel at ease and confident.

Interview Questions

• Projecting how I would manage a staff with whom I was not familiar with or their habits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quite short, but not threatening.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, they asked very common questions, greatest strengths, weaknesses, etc. they looked very busy, seems not prepared what to ask ...then I got email offer... it's a panel, while the HR didn't ask anything, most of the questions asked by the manager. the supervisors asked tech questions

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through the University portal for jobs, Careerlink, at the Engineering Career Centre. They sent a mass email with more questions regarding availability, how I would contribute to the student experience, and my goals. I was selected for an interview with two interviewers where they asked behavioral questions for about 45 minutes. They called me for accepting the job offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where a co-worker/ friend/ family asked you confidential information that you weren't willing to share?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Good, friendly interview. The interviewers asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about the resume. The interview was great and they gave a lot of insight into the role. I applied online through the university website and got an email asking for an interview a few weeks later.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB) in October 2018.

Interview

I actually applied to the job several months before I was called for an interview. They had to get funding approved, so there was a bit of a delay. I first met with my interviewer(s), for an initial screening, and it was a very pleasant experience. It was more of a conversation than anything else.

After the screening interview, I received a phone interview from the Department head a week later. I was formally offered employment approximately a week and a half later.

The overall process was relatively simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What skills and traits do you bring to a technical Help Desk role?   1 Answer

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB) in July 2019.

Interview

3 on 1 interview with the Director, a business partner and the admin staff. it was very informal process and I was pre-screened to see if the salary expectations were reasonable for what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle requests from multiple departments and how would you organize yourself?   Answer Question

Medical Physicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB) in June 2012.

Interview

The typical interview consists of a teleconference (Skype-style) interaction with all the Medical Physics group or a selected hiring committee. The interview is aimed to filter out potential candidates that eventually will be invited for a site-visit interview. If invited for this, the candidate will be asked to give a talk on his/her topic of interest-research.

Interview Questions

• What is your professional life plan for the next five years   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Calgary.

Interview

The interview was a skype call as I was living in a different province at the time. I spoke with two supervisors and both were extremely nice and supportive of my application and motivations for the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.