University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

University of British Columbia Interview Questions

Interviews at University of British Columbia

2.7

Adminstrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

Was sent over by a recruitment agency in their Real Estate Division. Interview lasted about an hour and half. I though the interview went great, asked me questions about my previous work experience and the people interviewing me were lovely. Hours later I received feedback that they would not consider me for the position because they did not like a former company that I use to work with. Are you kidding me?!?! This feedback officially put me off from ever applying at UBC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your previous employer.
      How do you handle change?   Answer Question

Jumpstart Orientations Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

They asked for experience in leading and what type of person are you. Straightforward questions asking for whether or not they believe that you understand and can lead a group of students through various activities and such

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths and weakeness?   3 Answers
    • Do you think you can lead a group?   1 Answer
    • what is one time that you were forced into an awkward situation and what did you do to resolve it?   1 Answer

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 scientist. I was asked a series of technical questions related to the research project. I was asked to give a detailed explanation of PCR, qPCR etc.. The usual behavioral questions were also brought up...give an example of a challenge you overcame etc.. Fairly easy overall.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake that you made and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Another job offer was more appealing.

Interview

1. Friendly HR managers for interview process
    2. Business casual clothing preferred
    3. About an hour’s length
    4. Situational and behavioural questions
    5. Interpersonal and communication skills
    6. Strong reference helps
    7. Background check

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

Apply if you can handle their process.
    1. Apply online.
    2. Record about 5 videos answering some questions they've asked to you and send.
    3. Pass the MS suite (Excel, word, outlook ect..) and administrative skill test.
    4. In person interview, FINALLY!
    5. Reference Check.
    6. WAIT until there will be some departments need you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

First do a prescreening via phone call. Typical interview process and last for about 30 minutes, stary by introducing the scope of work to you followed by asking you some common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for us? Describe your strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online with a reference, got an email 2 weeks later asking to set up an interview in a couple of days. First interview was soft skills/scenario questions. After the interview they gave me a take home assignment that I had a couple of days to complete and present.

Interview Questions

• How many shoes are sold in Vancouver in June?   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario when you had to deal with company policy interfering with a project   Answer Question
    • Describe the steps you take when starting a new project to ensure its success   Answer Question

Assistant Educational Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC) in February 2020.

Interview

I was asked to come down to UBC without having a phone or skype interview first. The interview went well and they had me come down again to interview with the director who asked the same questions as they did the first time. Seems like it would have been more efficient if he just sat in the first interview. A few red flags that I noticed in terms of professionalism, and my references noticed as well. However, once I received the offer, they informed me that they could not pay me what the posted salary was, so I wasted many hours and a lot of effort interviewing for a job that had dishonest posting information. Waste of time and effort and got a better offer where they were able to honor the described salary.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about higher education, educational technology, and how to support faculty   Answer Question

Partner Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC) in February 2020.

Interview

4 panelists (3 from the same office including the reporting officer and 1 from a different office that works closely)

1 hour- Interviewers took turns asking questions set on paper and wrote down notes on every response

30 mins test- tasks mirroring the daily job scope like writing emails to prospective partners and preparing summary report for senior management

Outcome given via email about a week later- very polite and sincerely written message

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online through the UBC external employee postings. I got an email 2 weeks later by the research coordinator to be interviewed. The interview itself was 30-45 minutes in a conference room with the research coordinator, a graduate student, and another research assistant. The questions ranged from my past work as well as research experience related to my personal interests. In the end I was asked to write a 10 minute essay on a research related topic.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.