University of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

University of Alberta Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Alberta

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Alberta in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received Skype interview invitation 4 weeks after. Interview lasted around 80 minutes. Interview was mostly technical and about my CV like explain your project in brief, and asked question from it then questions regarding field I choose for PhD. Overall interview experience was good as it was mostly technical questions.
    I advice to talk only on those part of the project/research with which you are most familiar so you can easily answer follow up question. And read little bit on the project/field you have applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain your master project in brief ? Why you chose that project ? And questions from what I said.   Answer Question
    • Why you want to join this group and University?   Answer Question
    • What knowledge do you have on your chosen PhD field ? Do you have any plan how to pursue it ?   Answer Question
    • If you have decided what you would like to do after PhD ?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

I sent t email first to the boss of lab and then made a opportunity for Skype interview because I live in a country outside of Canada. After that I was invited to visit and join the lab. I got interested in the lab so I said I would to go that lab.

Interview Questions

• What did you achieve and what are your experimental experiences?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in September 2019.

Interview

Was introduced job responsibilities and researches going on. Was asked some general questions like available hours per week, course schedules. Overall good exp, questions were very easy. After 3 days received a call offering the job, but waited 3 weeks for the contract (HR people are slow).

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

first online and then through skype interview. Job posting was online and I applied through email. then I sent over my CV. After my cv approval, I had an online interview and then after some paperwork I interviewed in person.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

I did not have any Skype or in person interview with my supervisor. I just send my C.V. to him by Email. He assessed it and told me that my academic resume is very good and I can apply for this position.

Interview

Standard process, hiring manager and senior leadership were present. Not too many questions. Took under an hour for the entire process. The questions were all thoughtful and relevant to the position.

Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) in May 2019.

Interview

I met with a very friendly professor and was able to ask questions pertaining to the job and my expectations. They are very dedicated in ensuring the students can learn as much as possible during their time there.

Administrative Support Interview

Interview

I expected to be interviewed by one person but then I entered the room and it was a panel of 4 people so a little bit intimidating.
    Went well, but then the questions were very vague.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Montreal, QC) in March 2019.

Interview

the interview was quite easy and straightforward. the employer ask me a number of routine questions about my background and academic achievements. He explained to me what is expected of me and finally he mentioned the salary and work hours and a little bit about his research team.

Interview Questions

• My level of familiarity with the kind of research they are doing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta in January 2019.

Interview

I did a technical interview (Skype call) mostly focusing on Machine Learning techniques in general. The interview was straightforward and quite formal about previous research experiences on deep learning and neural networks.

Interview Questions

• Questions about deep learning basics and convolutional neural networks   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.