Unity Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Montreal, QC) in August 2019.

Interview

The whole process was very smooth and fast, I was kept in the loop at all time and interviewers were friendly and professional.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a design position followed by a four steps process:

First, there was a phone screen interview with the recruiter, where she shared an overview of the position and the projects, followed by questions about my background, projects I worked on and digital portfolio.

Second, two on-site interviews with two senior UX designers and the technical product manager. There were more technical questions but nothing too difficult, this was my chance to get to know the position and the tasks better.

Third, A video call with the UX lead. It was a rather nice conversation, He asked me specific questions regarding my design process and scenarios where I faced a problem, how I solved it and the final outcome. Again this was my opportunity to know about their methodologies, design process and culture within the team.

Finally, the last step is a reference request of former colleagues and managers.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Montreal, QC) in March 2020.

Interview

J'ai postulé en ligne sur le site web de Unity.
    J'ai passé mes entretiens à distance avec Zoom.
    Les entrevues ce sont bien déroulées, les personnes étaient accueillantes. J'ai d'abord rencontré la recruteuse, puis le lead, le tech lead et enfin l'équipe.

Interview

Très belle expérience, belle équipe, belle énergie, très hâte de commencer!!
    Processus exhaustif qui permet de bien comprendre la dynamique de l'entreprise.
    C'est une compagnie organisée qui entretient une excellente communication entre les différents bureaux, permettant d'avoir une constance malgré la distance

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Montreal, QC) in September 2017.

Interview

Entrevue avec les principaux intervenants pour le poste visé (Studio head, VP Product, Technical Product manager, HR). Validation de l'expérience, des compétences, de la vision et des intérêts pour le poste.

Interview Questions

• Comment choisir ce que contiendrons les prochaines mises à jour de Unity et comment prendre une décision en cas d'opinions divergentes au sein de l'équipe.   Answer Question

Unity Technologies Response

Oct. 28, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thank you for your review and welcome to Unity!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unity Technologies in May 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me since I was in the database for another pm internship that applied for and did not get. The whole experience was great and went very smoothly. My recruiter scheduled 3 interviews with the team within just a few days since I had an offer deadline the end of the week. The decision was made the next day. Throughout the whole process, my recruiter was incredibly friendly and made sure to check in with me at every step. My interviewers were very friendly and non-intimidating. The interviews were conversational and asked general questions about my background in team leadership and AR/VR.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about product management?   Answer Question
    • Compare developing in unity and xcode for AR/VR? What features do you like/don't like?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking to get out of your internship?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview process was great! Recruiter did an amazing job staying in touch throughout the entire process and keeping me informed of next steps. I interviewed with a broad range of folks which gave me a good overall sense of the company from different perspectives. All seemed very friendly, easy going, and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard regarding past work experience, interest in the role and company, and experience/ideas/thoughts around specific functions this new role would require.   Answer Question

Partner Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies in May 2020.

Interview

The process itself was very straight forward with a Recruiter Phone Screen, Hiring Manager Phone Screen and then back to back interviews with the greater team. While I met with a lot of people, I think the 30 minute sets were not overwhelming and allowed for effective dialog between myself and each of the team members.

Interview Questions

• General Interview type questions, no real trick questions   Answer Question

3D Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unity Technologies.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter initially who let me know what to expect, and recieved some format and preparation notes which were useful. Video interview that was part portfolio/past work presentation, and part Q&A with team members. I rated the interview as difficult because the Q&A weren't "softball...but I did feel very comfortable during the interview!

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The recruiters are quite rude and unprofessional (also, barely literate -- the emails were borderline incomprehensible). I had an onsite with them scheduled which they canceled two days before, which is some I've never heard of happening. Overall, got very bad vibes from this place.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies.

Interview

Multi-part interview process: 1. Conversation with a recruiter about interest in the role and background, 2. Interview with hiring manager about role fit and work style, 3. Half-day interview with extended team on career examples and hypothetical scenarios

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

8 Interviews: 1 Recruiter Phone Screen, 1 Hiring Manager Phone Screen, 6 Panel Interviews (some executives, some cross-functional partners.) I also gave an optional presentation to the Hiring Manager. Everything moved really quickly and the Recruiter was phenomenal in educating me on the process, timeline, and how I could best be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Their interview process was very fluid. I was asked about my experience and then they would probe deeper on specific subjects. There was also a take home assignment - it was optional but I chose to build a presentation.

Why Unity? Why are you leaving your current role?   Answer Question
    • What could be some things to consider for Multiplayer? (this was a different team then one I'd be joining.) Would you change the name of X product? Why or why not?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk me through an example where you had to educate and get an executive on board about something they were originally against?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.