Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Twitter Interview Questions

Interviews at Twitter

Assistant partenariats Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

J'ai été contactée par la RH à Dublin par mail puis par téléphone.
    Ensuite j'ai rencontré 4 membres de l'équipe, avec qui j'allais potentiellement travailler, dont la manager. Cela a été suivi d'un exercice à faire, puis enfin de 3 entretiens téléphoniques.
    C'était beaucoup d'entretiens pour un stage, mais c'était bien fait, et je me suis sentie bien guidée tout au long du processus. C'était une manière de voir si nous allions pouvoir faire équipe tous ensemble, si les profils matchaient. Ça évite aussi le syndrome de l'imposteur, ils te veulent vraiment.

Contractor Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiting firm and then by the hiring manager at Twitter. The interview it self was a good experience, the hiring manager was very nice and honest. But, took 2 months to find out the needed someone with a different type of experience... I wish I would have been sooner

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience   2 Answers

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

The hiring manager did not call on the scheduled time without any explanation. The interview was rescheduled and the same thing happened. It was very disrespectful of my time and the time of the recruiter who set the interviews up.

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after a recruiter reached out to me. She was very friendly and open about the role. Set up a phone interview and then had to submit a assignment. Good communication from the recruiter still at this point. I was invited to a face to face interview and was interview by 3 or 4 people. After interview I was told the following week they would discuss the next steps to move forward . Weeks passed and I never heard anything back. I reach out to the recruiter a few times and another individual from the interview and the recruiter never responded to my emails. Over a month later I got a rejection email. The recruiter was unprofessional for all of a sudden not responding to my emails. In all honestly Twitter lacks diversity in their employees they hire and I think that was the issue. I was very well qualified for the role and had a good interview. Hopefully one day Twitter will actually incorporate diversity in their company to represent their platform of their customers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Twitter?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

No process but endless interviews. There was the distinct impression of complete disarray and an entire company afflicted by ADD. Constant changes in needs and position titles sufficiently put an end to any clarity at all. Re-orgs are fine, but it assumes there's an 'org' first which is not a strength of the current company or management as far as I could tell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied through referral, process was then a recruiter call, behavioral call with engineering manager and then a take home project. Quickly received feedback that they wouldn't continue . Took 3 weeks to that point.

Interview Questions

• Build a program that displays data from a supplied REST endpoint. Instructions gave a time limit shorter than recruiter sending problem did.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

phone interview and on-site.

some of the interviews were done in pairs. really nice environment and the people is great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next week to schedule a phone interview. The first 2 rounds were basic to me, I was asked to write codes. Mostly data structure and algorithm and NOT hard. After that they offered an onsite interview which they withdraw a week later. Then they want to have third phone interview. That also about algorithms. Then they wanted one more round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

My phone interviewer used a screensharing app to watch me write code to solve his programming questions. I found this awkward and slow. I would have done much better in person with a whiteboard.

The recruiter never followed up with me. I know my interview did not go very well, but it is very rude to not call (or even email) the candidate to say "sorry, you're not a good fit".

Interview Questions

• Questions about string parsing.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Boulder, CO (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied through an Employee Referral in 2019. The process took about 5 weeks.

First had an introductory call with a recruiter. Explained the interview process and the team.

Then had a second call with the Manager of the team. Asked about resume and experiences. He also explained the team structure, what they were looking for in a newly hired candidate and how the team works.

The third interview was a phone interview with one of the software engineers in the team. He asked one question. The interview was for about an hour.

After I was called to their office for an Onsite interview. There were 4 rounds of Interview and one session with the entire team.

2 Coding interviews
    1 System Design Interview
    1 Behavioral Interview
    1 Lunch with the Team

Overall experience was amazing. The people were really good and welcoming. Boulder was a beautiful and scenic place.

Interview Questions

• Resume Review, Best project you worked on and why, low points during work, Dynamic between work peers, Leadership Roles   Answer Question
    • Given a file with certain parameters find the average of streaming values or count. Had 2 questions of similar type.   Answer Question
    • Design an image duplicate finder system. How does it scale? How can you insert new features such as image subject recognition?   Answer Question
    • Given an LRA Cache(Least Recently Accessed), implement how the keys and values are inserted into the cache and how they are replaced or updated.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.