Twitch Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 328 of over 328 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Twitch (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Applied via their website. Manager technical interview followed by onsite interview (4 rounds ). Manager interview mostly consists of behaviour questions and 1 coding question (medium / hard). Onsite interview experience was amazing as all interviewers were senior/experienced. 2 coding rounds. 1 system design round. 1 round with Tpm about system requirement gathering and product discussion.

Interview Questions
  • medium/hard coding questions from leetcode
    Answer Question

Twitch

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

Received an email asking for availability to have a call with Hiring Manager Non technical and some SQL questions were asked over call Second round was with Senior Analyst- involved 5 SQL questions Medium complexity Looks like they were looking for someone more experienced, HR sent an email.

Interview Questions
  • Histogram SQL question Putting a certain metric into buckets

Twitch

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

What a mess. Recruiter is very inexperienced and messed up the whole process. First call with recruiter was not bad and she mentioned we'll proceeded to next steps. However then the recuiter was completely MIA for more than 1 month. One day she finally made a cold call to explain. she gave a lot of excuses such as she was on holiday etc. Then the call with hiring manager went well, hiring manager said recruiter will be in touch to schedule interviews with the team, then the recruiter never turned up. Months later I found from Linkedin the recuiter has left her job half way, it appears there is no handover on the hiring teams and all the existing hiring pipelines were dumped under that recruiter. I got a few offers before an email from Twitch after long time but unfortunately I have no interest proceed with a company in a mess.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me your experience, tech questions about live streaming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitch (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

I'll start with how much I enjoyed learning about the company, how thoughtfully the role was scoped, and how smart and visibly excited the Twitch team was. Though my conversation didn't lead to an offer, Twitch was one of the roles that I'd been most impressed with and looking forward to hopefully accepting throughout my job hunt. That said, there were two things that cancelled out the positive experience for me, strictly about the recruiting process that were unprofessional and disingenuous as a candidate. First, the hiring manager hadn't shown up to one of my early scheduled calls due to another meeting running late; after I waited on the call for 15 minutes, the interview was cancelled entirely. I truly understand that things happen, and we're all working from unique circumstances. But, a quick ping could have gone a long way given that interviews are so hard to schedule to begin with. There should also be a way to confirm that interviews are starting on time or may need to be rescheduled in a timely manner. Second, I was specifically told that I'd be notified with a decision within 5 business days after my on-sites, but I wasn't given an update for 10 business days, in a manner that felt completely unprofessional.  I had already accepted not getting an offer after not hearing back within the window, but I finally got voicemail on a Friday evening and was asked to call back before the end of day and a week-long company holiday.  At that point, it was clear to me that I didn't get the role since sending out an offer before a week-long holiday seemed unlikely.  When I called the recruiter, I was told they were "passing" on me for this role and it was clear that this call wasn't a priority given that it was only about 20 seconds long before they wanted to end the call.  It was explained to me that there would be no feedback about my interview, but this rejection seemed half-hearted and robotic--like the recruiter's list item of their checklist.  They didn't acknowledge the late decision, or even the standard thank you for taking an entire day off for interviews, and there was little to no effort in making me feel like my time as a candidate was well-spent.  I'm genuinely disappointed that HR is a public-facing department for company culture and that there's no realistic time window for decisions, or no boilerplate rejection to leave candidates with the right tone, especially late stage candidates. This entire engagement would benefit from re-evaluation and defining clear expectations. Last piece of feedback is that the interview questions around Twitches Values are important for culture, however can be limiting and not allow time for deeper or role-specific questions.  For example, a lot of questions are redundant across interviewers, and sometimes redundant within the same interview.  In one case, I got asked the same question verbatim twice by two different people.  In another conversation, an interviewer asked me something along the lines of "When was the last time you looked at something in-depth?" after we had just talked about an in-depth launch strategy and case study.  Experienced candidates will get the gist, and they'll understand to come up with as many different examples as possible.  But asking interviewers to stick to this prompt for the entire interview felt like a way to pass time in some cases, and not dig into the role itself or even behavioral questions (as I don't even recall any).  I also interviewed for the Creators role, and don't recall questions about the Creator landscape, and I didn't cover how I built incentive programs for Creators in the past, etc...  All this to say, sticking strictly to this format doesn't always allow time or opportunity for what the team or candidates may actually need. I'd still be open to Twitch roles in the future given the highlights would be the immediate team and the work. However, they could benefit from re-evaluating some of the candidate experience and interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to weigh out two competing priorities?
1 person found this interview helpful

Twitch

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Twitch in Jul 2021

Interview

I applied to the role 2+ months ago and am just now getting an email with a generic canned response about how they have decided to move forward with other candidates. As a recruiter, I can say that is a really long wait time to get a canned rejection lol. But thanks? My advice, your recruiting department should really improve that experience.

Twitch

Application

I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

Received a Hackerrank coding challenge via email. After completing the challenge chatted with recruiter over the phone to schedule virtual onsite rounds. Most of the rounds were coding. There was one resume/behavioral questions round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Twitch

Application

I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

I actually enjoy the behavioral questions and wholistic interview approach but the lack of questions about things that actually relate to the job I’d performing is kind of laughable. I don’t mind them asking but if they ask more questions as if I was a delivery guy vs the actual partnerships role I was interviewing for…well that doesn’t seem very smart.

Interview Questions
  • Review behavioral questions and that’s what they are. They also ask about how you’d approach challenges in other business areas as if you were a driver or work at one of their factories.

Twitch

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

The more I ruminated on this experience the more frustrated and cheated I began to feel. I completely understand how important it is to fully vet candidates but Twitch's process left me feeling exhausted and jaded. The initial conversation with the recruiter was actually great. I was given in depth information about the role and next steps. He even, very earnestly, pointed out some areas that I might be lacking the skills they are looking for so I cold better prep. After that, I was tasked with completing a written assignment. Again, an understandable task but I hate feeling like they are grilling me for my ideas when I have not even gotten the job. The assignment itself was rather challenging and while they recommended spending about 4 hours, it took me about 6-7 all-in-all and they allowed 48 hours to complete it (including weekend days). The final kicker was that I never received one bit of feedback on the project even when I spoke to the HM shortly after completion for a 30 minute secondary screening. For all I know it was never even read. Lastly, I completed 5, 45 minute interviews. A recruiter assisted me with prep for these interviews, and informed me that after completion I would not be able to receive any feedback (?). I would say I dedicated nearly 6 hours to prepping for the questions I would be asked, gathering examples of accomplishments/challenges/etc, and researching the company itself. The interviews were rather grueling and in many of them, I felt the interviewers were just peppering me with pre-planned questions, rather than actually trying to get to know me. After that, things went silent until I reached out to the recruiter for followup and next steps. About 30 minutes after I emailed, I received a call saying they would not be moving forward and that was it. After dedicating nearly 18 hours of my time, I was left with no indication as to why they were not interested in me or what I could work on for my next interview. I understand these things take time and the best jobs require effort but the whole experience just left me feeling defeated and used.

Interview Questions
  • 45 minutes x 5 interviews worth of recalling examples from my work history. They asked me not to repeat examples between interviewers as much as possible so it required about 20 specific examples.

Twitch

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitch

Interview

I did an online assessment, for which I obtained the maximum amount of points, but I was ghosted after and never heard back. I sent a follow-up email, but this was ignored as well. I was probably rejected because I'm a European applying for a NA role during the pandemic, but I would've appreciated a formal rejection.

Interview Questions
  • Python data structures and algorithmic thinking. The questions were very original and related to Twitch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Twitch (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Worst interview ever. First recruiter called me on the day like 30 min earlier than our scheduled time, then I moved onto a tech phone call, but the interviewer was not even there…. So I left the google meet after 30 minutes because I had another back to back interview with another company… then I rescheduled, nailed the interview and went on to on-site. I passed the technical part of on-site but not the hiring manager round. The recruiter said he could get back to me the following Friday but never did. It was the Tuesday after that I finally received the “unfortunate email”. Here comes the best part. I was matched with another team and was set up another call. On the morning of the interview I received a email saying there was a conflict so I had to reschedule…. Ok fine… on the day of the interview, the interviewer was late again! I left the interview room after 20 minutes…Then the interviewer called me on my phone and questioned me why I have left, he was just “running a bit late”…I’m like are you kidding me… not trynna be a crybaby, but if this is a one off thing I can understand, but I was just beginning to see a pattern of bad bad time management and coordination. Eventually there was no offer, but by the end it didn’t really matter, I’m so sick and tired of their hiring process. Toxic is a MASS understatement. Don’t even try it. There are masses of companies out there who would treat candidates much more respectively.

Interview Questions
  • Some leetcode medium and a relatively straightforward system design
Viewing 1 - 10 of 328 Interviews