Transport for London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Transport for London Interview Questions

Interviews at Transport for London

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London.

Interview

Roughly 40 minute interview that involved several questions, interviewers were very friendly. The assessment day was very well structured and you were well informed of what was going to happen.

Interview Questions

• Think of a situation where you showed great planning skills?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online via the TfL site, completed the online tests, video interview and was offered a place at the assessment centre.

Some friends went to the same assessment centre on an earlier date, in which they were promised that 'this is the only assessment centre for the position' and would receive a response within 2 weeks. Obviously, me being offered an assessment centre on a later date, had confirmed that they were already telling unnecessary lies. This was quite peculiar as, having multiple assessment centres for the same position is not out of the ordinary. This had already raised a red flag.

Two weeks exceeded and my friends had not received a response. The assessment centre date I was offered, was not compatible for my schedule thus, I asked them for another date in which they declined, claiming that there would not be another assessment centre. So, I had now accepted that I would no longer be in the recruitment process. However, after the assessment centre which I did not attend, I received another email saying 'If I would be still be interested in the position, and would attend another assessment centre'. Bearing in mind, its about 4-5 weeks since my friends had their assessment centre with no response. For the sake of getting a job, I responded to the email saying that I am still interested, in which no response was given.

It has now been over 2 months and my friends have not been declined however, one of them received an email saying he may be put on reserves. It seems to me that they are arranging assessment centres as it goes along, trying to keep as much candidates on the substitute bench (by not giving them the decline email for as long as possible), for their own benefit.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell unnecessary lies?
      Q: Do you know how to inconsistently arrange something?
      Q: Do you know how to get people to partake in an activity and no provide an outcome?   Answer Question

Finance Level 7 Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

Usual initial application stage, and if this was successful, an invitation to take a few assessments.
    Assessments included a Situational Strengths test, which consisted of ranking different responses to a situation, and then a 'G+' test which combined numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning. All fairly straight forward and some practise tests were sent with the invitation email.
    The next stage was a video interview consisting of 3 question, about what skills and attributes you would bring to the role, why TFL, and then asked for a response about when you took responsibility for your own development.
    Unfortunately didn't get past this stage, but the rejection email was fairly prompt and they did give some feedback on the tests, but not the video interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills and attributes would you bring to the programme?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transport for London.

Interview

Competency based questions, normal STAR based responses. Look up the TfL competencies. There are few actual job questions, more competency based on your abilities of doing the job. This does mean that some staff are not as capable in roles than having role specific selection processes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you have collaborated to achieve your goal   Answer Question

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online, then went ahead to answer the assessment questions sent to my email. Few weeks after I was sent an email to pick a date for my assessment centre, which I went for and passed , then was sent another date for my assessment centre 2 which was role play and face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What do you understand the role entail   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London.

Interview

Video interview process was standard, they asked three questions, before this you need to do an online assessment which I found pretty hard, their sjt was weird because all the answers seemed like good options to take, Still waiting to hear back from them

Interview Questions

• 1. why TFL?
      2. why this scheme and how your skills contribute to it?
      3. A learning opportunity you sought   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

I attended an Interview for a Project Management role at TFL.
    In my opinion, it was surprising that my interviewers did not quite understand the principles of project management themselves and found it difficult to relate the differences between project governance and project management for infrastructure delivery, the former facilitating the delivery of the later.
    A recruiter’s role in my opinion is to select the best or most suited candidates who can deliver organisational objectives and success criteria in a candid and impartial way without being bias or meretricious.
    My advice to Senior Management most respectfully is to use experience and competent recruiters who do not feel challenged by their interviewees and will recruit project team members who can inspire and engage with the stakeholders, delivering successful projects in a straightforward and impartial manner for TfL irrespective of their origins in a diverse world. It is one thing to promote equal opportunity and diversity at work, it’s another to practice this Rhetoric in Stealth. People are smart in my opinion.

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Lacklustre and one manager in the room wasn't really interest in me. What was advertised and what the role would entail were two different things. It seems a little disjointed and they were only going through the motions of what to do. It felt like the job would go to someone they had earmarked for it.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in five years?   1 Answer

Assistant PM Interview

Interview

It is Competency based, meaning you have to give examples of how you met a competency relating to the role you are applying for ie. good communication skills, stakeholder management and so on

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deliver negative information to a stakeholder   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to the first assessment centre which involved ticket checking and grammar/spelling tests. I found this to be very basic. The sample tests will help you know what to expect as the real test is very much the same format as the practice paper.

I was then invited 2 weeks later for the role play and interview. Role play was a very basic scenario and all you will need to do is show your customer service skills. They give you a brief to go over before role play, make sure you stick to what it tells you to do and you will be fine.

Interview was quite relaxed, definitely try and think of some examples from your work or study experience beforehand though. I made a list at home of situations which matched up to the competencies they were looking for and I felt much more prepared at the interview than if I just went in having not thought of examples. My interview lasted around 20 mins and I had 4 questions. Don't worry about missing out on anything as the interview will probe you for more details if they need it.

I heard back 2 weeks after interview with the job offer. Overall I'm happy with how easy TFL made the process and their recruitment team are all friendly and do the job well. They are quicker at most other transport companies I have applied for in the past which is great.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember but all questions related to competencies practice document they send you before interview. And why would want to work for the company.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.