Toronto Star Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Toronto Star Interview Questions

Interviews at Toronto Star

2.9

Journalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Star.

Interview

I applied online and eventually (after quite a few weeks) heard from HR (via Email) to set up a phone call. Simply a screening call with a standard list of questions to get through. The interviewer was very friendly and kind. Lasted about 20 minutes. Too bad it wasn't a bit more personal, but I understand - that's the process.

Interview Questions

• Very standard and routine questions. Additional ones included comfort/familiarity with digital and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON) in May 2016.

Interview

So far and initial 1:1 interview and then a 2:1 interview with a senior member of HR and the manager of the position. Both were sit down interviews that included behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON) in February 2016.

Interview

20 min - Phone call interview w/ HR
    1 hour - In-person w/ HR and Manager
    Very professional, nothing too out of the ordinary.
    Standard questions. Nothing too outrageous/left field.
    Focused a lot on resume. Will also have your linkedin profile on hand, so be sure to update.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this industry (Media)?
      Walk me through your resume.
      Expand on (insert work experience) from resume.   Answer Question

Team Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON) in December 2015.

Interview

It was great! I interviewed with a senior editor. We actually chatted in a cafeteria, so it felt very casual and more like having a conversation. I had also had a screening interview with HR, but that was for another role.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON) in August 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by two editors who asked about school and work experiences. Also went through resume and asked questions as well as follow ups questions based on answers. Pretty straightforward process

One-year Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON).

Interview

- It was a basic interview, with two editors asking me questions about my reporting experience.
    - I just spoke about my experiences at journalism school and my previous reporting stints at other publications as an intern.
    - The entire in-person interview was probably only an hour. I don't think I had a phone interview prior to that.

Interview Questions

• - What kind of reporting experience do you have?
      - What would you do in certain breaking news scenarios?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with developers, one with management. The developer interview was laid back, mix of tech questions and previous work history.
    The management interview was quick and simple asking for salary expectations then got an offer about a week later.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

Intense but friendly, the interviewee explained the position and asked about my background, both in experience and culture. The interviewee asked to me to talk about my works, he also tried to stress me out in order to know if I'll be able to handle this work.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was not a traditional interview and i did not need to bring my resume. I went there prepared to talk about my previous experiences and interests, i also did homework on the recent newsworthy events and upcoming events.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what project that i would like to work on during the internship   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toronto Star (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Panel interview with 3

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate pay as it is unionized.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.