Top Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Top Hat Interview Questions

Interviews at Top Hat

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Top Hat in June 2018.

Interview

Sent an email to a recruiter to ask about the position. Was quickly contacted to schedule a phone screen with the recruiter via a scheduling service (such a nice break from sending emails back and forth.) Was asked pretty typical screening questions -- just research the company values beforehand and be earnest about wanting to work for them. Didn't move forward, but the recruiter was very polite and got back to me the day after.

Campus Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Top Hat.

Interview

I interviewed for the Campus Ambassador position which is essentially a Sales position in which you build a rapport with professors and convine them to implement the THM product in their lessons. The Campus Ambassador internship process was quite straight-forward. After emailing the company with a cover letter expressing my interest, I was called in a couple of weeks. The HR rep called and told me that I sounded like a great fit for the the position and asked me a few questions regarding the style/size of the classes at my university and whether I was able to work the required 10-15 hours per week.

Besides a few "get to know you" questions, the process was quick, to the point and I was given a handful of materials to read over before giving my decision of whether or not to accept the position.

Campus Ambassador Interview

Interview

Casual phone conversation with someone at the office. It didn't really come off as an interview. It was more of a casual conversation of getting to know me and asking why I was interested in the position. They offered me the position right after the conversation.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Top Hat (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to this position online and had a phone interview that seemed very formulaic and scripted. Simple enough, but I didn't feel like I ever got to know what the company was like. She asked if I had a drivers license and a credit card so that I could travel, but all in all it was very lackluster and felt that some of my questions were not answered. After hearing about the commission structure and the target earnings per month, I asked what the general success rate of account directors was, and she told me she could not tell me. Basically, this job seems to have a very low base salary as compared to the market, with "high commission potential" that is supposed to make up half of your total compensation. To me, this seems like a huge red flag, especially because she could not tell me how many account directors are actually hitting their goals.

I was then given a personality test where I had to rank sets of 3 statements as "most like me" to "least like me". The format didn't really allow me (or anyone else, I'm assuming), to accurately reflect my personality, and I was left answering statements as "least like me" even though it was a statement that is very much like me. Apparently my personality failed, because I was not offered a position. All in all this was a very frustrating experience, especially because of how robotic the initial interview was.

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Top Hat in October 2016.

Interview

First had a call with a recruiter. Then met with sales manager and VP of Sales. Every one asked the same questions, mostly related to my experiences in High School and College, which didn't seem relevant. Also had to take a Wunderlic Cognitive Assessment and a Personality Test.

Interview Questions

• If your High School Chemistry teacher were to rate you 1-10, what would they rate you?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Top Hat in July 2012.

Interview

There was a total of 3 phone interviews all done within one week. I didn't interview in person based on the office being in Canada. On the day of my last phone interview I was called back & offered the position which I accepted. All & all the interviews was very standard with typical questions regarding back ground etc...

Negotiation

I accepted initial offer.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Top Hat in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pleasant and the recruiter was very friendly. All the interviewers were helpful and communicative throughout the process.

I first received a quick call from a recruiter to discuss high-level details in regards to the role I was looking for. She scheduled a technical interview for later that week. The technical interview was a typical algorithms/data structures interview and included three questions. Next, I was given a systems design interview and asked to design an API given certain constraints.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Top Hat (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Literally a trick. I told my experience and then asked me how my managers would rate me, what their names were, and feedback they have given me. After I went through all of this, they asked me for the contact info of all of my managers including my current manager so they could follow up based on what I said - so shady... I pleaded with them to reconsider as this would obviously stir the pot, but since I had already received an offer, I gave it to them. Needless to say, my manager was upset and encouraged me to find "less sketchy" companies to work for.

Top Hat, if this is still part of your process, you may want to rethink this...

Enterprise Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Top Hat (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The people I spoke with were a 3rd party that Top Hat evidently deemed appropriate to interview candidates before they're passed on to Top Hat. To say that the people that interview candidates are amateurs is not even close.

Astonishing to me how many times I was asked in each round of interviews the same questions over and over and over again. At one point I exasperatedly told the interviewer WE COVERED THAT ALREADY many times!

I am from NYC time is of the essence if you don't know how to respect other people's time then you need to find another line of work!

Interview Questions

Top Hat Response

Jan. 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback; we sincerely appreciate it. I am sorry that you felt there was repetition throughout the interview process, especially given your excitement... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Top Hat in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter through LinkedIn. Phone screen by recruiter was very scripted. Basically asked if I was oaky with traveling. Set up in-person interview with hiring manager that week. In-person interview was again, very scripted. Hiring manager asked questions as he was typing my answers on his computer. Lots of number questions, how many people were in my office etc. Overall, very imperssonal interview. No room to chat or get to know the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss say if we asked him about your performance?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.