Cover image for G/O Digital

Add an Interview

Interview Question

Database Administrator Interview

G/O Digital

There were a lot of questions in relation to the inner workings of the files and file groups.

Interview Answers

5 Answers

Thanks for your inputs. I feel very confident about SQL Server questions with 9 + years of experience.My worry is about the 1 hour online analytical test which is part of the f2f. Did you had them and any inputs you have on how to prepare for same.

Thanks on

This was a pretty straight forward SQL test where you have to determine the output of some code or write some basic code based on table examples provide. There are a few pattern recognition questions as well.

Anonymous on

Was this position for MSSQL or Mysql?

Was this position for MSSQL or Mysql on

I have my F2F with them next week. Will it be ok for you to help a stranger who has got laid off and looking for a job desperately.Your inputs will really help me crack this.Hoping for a positive response and thanks a lot for all your inputs :) .

Can you help me on

My best advice would be to brush up on the core workings of SQL. Learn or freshen up on your knowledge of DBCC and file groups. These were some of the places i struggled, however I suspect that the questions are tailored around your individual strengths and weaknesses. Even if they don't come up again, they're important to know more than most people do. Honestly, they seemed like a great group and I suspect even if you don't know some of the answers, if you prove your skillet in other ways such as your direct past experience and your desire to learn, you have a good shot. I've found that if you're honest it goes a lot further than trying to fake that you know an answer. Sadly, I've worked on a team where we had to let go employees who lied their way through the interview and that's never a fun situation for either side. I'd personally rather consider a person knowing they can grow into a role than to expect that they know the role and find out I've been mislead.

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.