Interview Question

QA Analyst Interview

-Mississauga, ON

KUBRA

The guy asked me if I know what the quality means. His example of quality was super-expensive designer bags that his girlfriend impulse-buys on the internet. No, that is NOT a joke. He was visibly not interested in the whole process, I could tell. Not a single technical question, and his answers to mine were vague. My guess is he is a lousy programmer, even though he doesn't have to be one to do his job.

Tags:kubra-kadabra
AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

4 Answers

You can talk to the QA team lead about designer bags from Versace or Burberry, maybe you will have a chance… nothing technical, that's for sure.

Anonymous on

QA at Kubra are a bit misrepresented. I was also surprised once I found out what they do. They do not test beyond the "does it compile" and a single test scenario written by a developer (sometimes not even that, some things cannot be tested by Kubra, only by client). What they do is migrate code/db from one environment to another (test to prep, prep to prod), that is all. No coding involved whatsoever. I am sorry you applied for something that was not what you expected. If you are good at coding, you should apply for Programmer Analyst or Developer positions.

Anonymous on

QA at Kubra are not programmers. They promote code to PREP and PROD. They do not even perform any testing beyond a single test case presented to them on the change request. They use tools to back up, compile and promote the code. That's about it. Its a weird system for QA, in all companies I worked for, QA were the ones doing extensive testing and such.

Anonymous on

Wow, now that response is interesting ^. "… They do not even perform any testing beyond a single test case presented to them on the change request." Presented by whom? The developer(s) who made the change? This sounds like a unit, or at most a single module test, that must have been preformed by the programmer already during his/her work, and PRIOR to handing the code down to QA. If that's the case, it violates the basic principle of SW testing: developer(s) should have absolutely no influence on how the QA test the software. What if there are certain critical areas that might have been affected by the change? Here's a bit of wisdom from a true SW artist, Mr. E.W. Dijkstra: "Testing can only reveal the presence of bugs, not their absence." Chew on this for a little bit, maybe you will understand what testing is all about. Cheers.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.