Cover image for Barclays

Add an Interview

Interview Question

Community Banker Interview

Barclays

The entire interview was competency based. The Hiring Manager was reading out a competency relevant to the role. And I was supposed to give examples from my work or personal life. No trick questions, e.g. what is your weakness, how would others describe you, etc. Overall, very formal.

Interview Answers

6 Answers

can you remeber most of the questions they asked you and how long did the interview last? thanks

Anonymous on

okay thank you.i have mine next week and i dont know what to expect. were there any role plays involved and was the interview process intimidating?

Anonymous on

In my particular case - no, no role play and not intimidating at all. Just read their competencies and think of your specific examples that you can use for each case. My whole interview was very formal and purely focused on competencies. Would probably depend on interviewer's individuality.

Anonymous on

thanks for the tip i might actually look into it hopefully they got some vacancies going where i live! thanks for the help

Anonymous on

sorry to bother you again got one more question.do they ask one question for each competency section?

Anonymous on

Can also suggest look at RBS jobs - they tend to pay better than Barclays, you get about the same base plus 25% on top as benefits that can be cashed.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.