The LEGO Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at The LEGO Group

2.6

assistant compte clé Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Paris (France)).

Interview

Le processus d'entretien d'embauche s'est passé comme suit : une première sélection sur dossier de candidature (CV et LM) puis un entretien physique dans les locaux de LEGO France, à Paris, avec 2 futurs managers et le stagiaire actuel, d'une durée de 45min à 1h.

Vendeur Polyvalent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Paris (France)) in April 2018.

Interview

depot de CV et lettre de motivation sur place en mois d'avril suivi d'un entretien physique et individuel dans 2 j, réponse positive obtenu dans un délai de 15 j

Vendeur en magasin Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Paris (France)).

Interview

On rencontre le directeur/rice du magasin et le vice directeur/trice

Les principales questions sont :
    - Savez vous y faire avec les enfants, en avez vous déjà gardé ?
    - Comment conseillez-vous un client (savoir quels legos il/elle a déjà, ne pas proposer systématiquement des Lego fille pour les petites filles).
    - Si vous êtes habitués à la vente, comment vous pouvez persuader quelqu'un de prendre un produit complémentaire.

Interview Questions

• - Quelle question posez-vous en premier à un client ?   1 Answer
    • Savez-vous y faire avec les enfants ? En avez-vous déjà gardé ?   Answer Question
    • - Comment conseillez-vous un client ?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The LEGO Group.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process! Spoke with various staff over a 2 month period often times with major lapses in communication in between. Everyone was very friendly but often times there were last minute requests for phone and/or in person interviews which were extremely difficult to accommodate during the work day. However, seems like a strong culture and smart people!

Senior Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group in February 2020.

Interview

Phone Screen: I had a 15 minute call with a recruiter in Denmark. During the call the recruiter told me there would not be an art test. The following week though she sent me a brief for an art test. I was surprised and unhappy about the miscommunication. Not to mention they assumed I had time that week to take the art test. Because I was traveling I made the recruiter aware of my situation and they gave me an additional 5 days to complete the art test.

Art Test: The art test involved redesigning one of their existing models, the Elves Dragon Nursery playset for girls. They asked me to come up with a new story or theme and then redesign the buildings, background and characters. They left a lot of room for creative freedom.

Recorded Video Interview (Sonru): One of the strangest aspects of the interview process was an automated video interview conducted through Sonru. In the interview you have a set amount of time to read each question and then record your answer. If you make a mistake or run out of time you can not go back and re-record or edit. The video interview took about 35 minutes. Most questions were very generic. Quite stressful.

Onsite Workshop: I was invited to attend an onsite workshop along with the 5 other candidates completing for the same position. I did not like the idea of “competing” for a position but went ahead with the travel arrangements they scheduled. In the days leading up to the workshop there were several last minute requirements that were difficult if not impossible to accommodate. These included a physical printed portfolio, a drawing of me as a mini doll and then the day of my flight they wanted me to bring a mobile workstation/laptop so that they could evaluate my digital drawing skills. I do not own a mobile workstation and found it strange that they would assume so.

At this point the interview process had numerous instances of miscommunication, assumptions and a lack of information to properly prepare me. As a result I made the difficult decision not to move forward with the position.

Brick Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group.

Interview

Simple yet effective. Interviewers ask you to build something, create a story out of it, and explain what qualities and skills you can bring to the table as a Brick Specialist.

Application

Interview

Pretty standard - Initial HR Screen, Hiring Manager interview by phone and then on-site round robin with multiple stakeholders. It was fairly efficient and kept moving. Everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach conflict   1 Answer

Payroll Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Enfield, CT (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Process was straightforward. Applied online, then got a phone interview. Passed that as they called me a day or so earlier for me to come in to meet with the manager and other team manager. Manager was via Skype. Interview felt comfortable and general questions on my resume mixed in with personal questions. Was asked a serious of those, in a time you/when etc. I thought my responses were good and acceptable. I felt we clicked as there would be one physical person I would be working with if I got hired. Second interview was on Thursday and was told they were finishing up interviews Friday/Monday the following week and I should be hearing back later that week. That week went by so I followed up. Was told no updates as of yet. Followed up again and said there was a delay as the manager was still interviewing. ( that prob should have been an indication I wasn’t getting offered) so after a whole month, I get the automated letter thanking me and that we regret to inform you that we have decided to progress with candidates whose background and skills are a closer match to the requirements for this role. Which baffles me because I have over 6 years of experience in the field when they only listed 2-3 years. I also had experience with pretty much all of it except one but can be learned quick. So again, these automated letters suck because it’s like no that’s no the real reason but whatever. Felt disappointed because it was delayed a good almost 2 and half weeks to get this. I’ve worked in this position for quite some times and while it’s female driven, me being a male hopefully won’t get me a job.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe yourself   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work together to solve a problem and what did you do to fix it   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group.

Interview

I had two rounds of phone interview. The interviews started with simple math puzzles. Later, it most focussed on on data structures and algorithms. The question were average and from hacker rank.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Enfield, CT (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online, week later recruiter emailed and said my resume looked like a match and asked me for a phone interview. Recruiter called late, so I emailed and asked if meeting was still on. They called and had a list of questions. At the end she asked for my questions and I asked about the experience needed for the job and what kind of things I’d be doing. She stated that she thinks I’d be bored even though I’d probably catch on quickly and I was overqualified and the hiring manager really wanted someone right out of college. Then she sat in silence while I tried to understand why she even asked me for a phone interview at all because it was clearly on my resume that I had more than a few years experience. Very unprofessional interview. I had to say ok thank you goodbye because I wasn’t sure what else to say to her rude demeanor and silence.....

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.