The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Renton, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied online through their website & was surprised by the prompt return of interest.
There automated system had me answer a few general questions about my availability and over all interests in the job description.

This lead to the in person interview, It was all pretty quick & orderly; I didnt have a lot of confidence in the online/automated system at first, but over all no complaints

Interview Questions

• 4am startup for Merchandising position   2 Answers

Too far away for metro to get me there on time

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, it took about two to two and a half weeks for them to contact me. They sent a detailed email telling me that they reviewed my application and that the staffing center (in ATL, GA) would call me for a phone interview. Surprisingly, I received a call from them 10 minutes later. The woman conducting the interview was very down to earth and made it extremely easy to talk to her. As soon as the interview was over she immediately set a 1:1 interview in the store which I applied. That interview was extremely easy as well. They mainly focus on problem solving skills and customer service. By the environment of the store, I could automatically tell what they were looking for. After my interview, the interviewer took the results to his SM (store manager) and they gave me the job on the spot.

They pay based on retail experience; you don't need to know much about your required position because they put you through training once you start. I'd also advise that you be ready to go take a drug test right after. They give you 48 hours to return your results, which really means 24 hours since they count the interview date. The company overall seemed great, no problems what so ever!

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were helping a customer who was really indecisive about which item to chose and the customer behind them (with a more expensive item) started to get annoyed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loganville, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Loganville, GA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was very brief, when i arrived management forgot i was a scheduled interview. I had previously worked retail and she loved that. All questions were based on organization skills, and accuracy, ability to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being on your feet all shift?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Butler, PA (US)).

Interview

Applied online it took them 3 weeks to call back and i got a phone interview with a voice recording then a real person. Then i got a store interview. She asked a few scenario questions. Then at the end of the interview I was informed they had 3 other people to interview and that a store associate wanted the position and that current employees get top priority.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle hazardous material on the sales floor?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lagrange, GA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I've already had two interviews, for two different positions. Usually two people are interviewing you and taking notes. First they asked me what shift I wanted to work, then they had 8 general questions. As you make sure you work in an environment that meets the standards of being safe. You do at the moment of completing your work, but you are constantly interrupted. Those are examples of how easy questions are.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you provide a good customer service   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online got a email a week later saying they will contact me to have a phone interview.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview process. They just want to know if you have some experience in the area. And if you are able to perform the job on a daily basics. After that, they will call you to let you know if you have been selected or not, in few days later

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question would be regarding your driving background, if you have any ticket or mayor motor vehicle infraction.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out online app on a Thurs, was emailed Friday to contact Retail staffing center for more questions. I called Vs waiting for them to contact me. Was a automated system to begin with once you answer those questions (I assume the way they are looking for you to) you are transferred to a "Live" phone interviewer.

Went through a series of questions (This is the starting pay, Have transportation, these are the hours etc) once this section ended asked me if I had any questions. Asked my question which caught them off guard and they stumbled their way through the answer.

Has been close to a week with no further communication to date.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, basics what can you bring to Home Depot team, Name a time when .....   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2009.

Interview

Even though it was a merchandising position, the interview consisted of a few role playing questions about customer service. Example "how would you help a customer looking to buy gloves?" I was also asked about my greatest strength, my experience in merchandising.

Interview Questions

• Role Play: "How would you help a customer with gloves?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate but that was 2008, I got at least $2.00 more an hour than what they listed

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Anaheim Hills, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

it was one of the best interview process's I ever had. got in 15 minutes early, had a great conversation with the trainees while waiting and went in for the interview. there were two people in the room; the hiring manager and the store manager. they were relaxed and very positive. I felt a good vibe from the start. they asked me around 5 real easy questions and ended the interview with a good joke and an offer.

the most important thing is to smile a lot and laugh if somethings funny. good vibes go a long way. ohh and relax.

Interview Questions

• if you have a project like a display model to complete but you are running out of time and a customer comes in asking for assistance what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

usually whatever you put as your highest past hourly wage they will offer to you. or aleast something close.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.