The Home Depot Lumber Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

The Home Depot Lumber Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.8

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rochester, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Not too bad, direct and easy to answer questions. Not very aggresive questions. The questions werent that hard to answer the the person that did the interview was friendly. And ended up in me getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you seemed overwhelmed but persevered   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chico, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

You sit and interview with the head of HR she asks very easy questions. If she offers you the job you have to give a saliva drug test. Wait for background check and they call you for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer being wrong about something.   Answer Question

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Richmond, VA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was hired through my college as an intern. I am sure the interview process is very simple with situational questions being asked. Most positions at a Home Depot department store are jobs anyone can perform so the questions asked shouldn't be too difficult to answer

Interview Questions

• I did not receive any questions due to being hired directly from school. If I had to guess, a difficult question would pertain to something about how you interacted with a customer and how you delivered exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Homewood, IL (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

The application was a simple 20 minute endeavor, and the phone interview came not long after that. They asked me simple questions to verify points made on my application such as the ability to translate Spanish, my math skills, and problem solving techniques. However, it took some finagling to get the in person interview. I went into the store in person to seek out the hiring manager, and from there, she decided to schedule an interview. My interviewer was an ASM named Dan Pryor, who now is another THD location, he was very personable and easygoing, which made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about handling a situation in which you were to work with another associate who may have a bad attitude towards you or is very quiet?   Answer Question

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkville, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Parkville, MD (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Nothing complex or out of the ordinary. "Tell us about a time you had to meet a deadline." "Tell us about a time you had to work in a team. How did it go?""Tell me about a time you built something."
    Stuff like that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on my part. At the time I was just ecstatic to get a job.

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peru, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Peru, IL (US)).

Interview

Initial interview Is with department lead, they ask why you think you are good for the job, what you would do with a difficult customer, and what you would do if you see a customer looking a little confused. Next day called me back in to meet with another supervisor and that was to offer position sign papers and give me drug test for for the hospitol.

Interview Questions

• Why are you good for the job   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offer was as is......seasonal position, 9.50 an hour.

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Casselberry, FL (US)).

Interview

Very nicely done, friendly, thorough. Applied online, took two assessments, one on customer service and one on product and store knowledge. Then received a call to do a telephone interview, from there, was given a date and time for in-person interview, then interviewed with Asst Manager, followed by an interview with Store Manager. Now waiting results of drug test and background check.

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks or so, and its pretty basic to be honest. They call you up and set up for an interview with one of the assistant managers, you go into one of the break rooms and well they tell you about other positions you can be interested in besides what you applied for, and they also look onto what you're good at so that comes into play too. So in the interview you ask you the basic question any other company would so don't be surprised if the interview only lasts 15 minutes. Trust me if they call you up for a one on one interview then you basically got the job, so be relaxed and answer the questions calmly and you'll be okay. Once you're done the person giving you the interview will give you a paper to sign, and he'll give you directions on where to take your drug test. Once you're done with that they'll give you the date when you start. And before all of that they'll tell you how much you'll be winning an hour. So yeah pretty chill interview and a very easy one. So be relaxed and everything will be in your favor. Personally i ended up quitting because the management was not very good, but it was a good working experience you get to interact with customers and build people skills which can be pretty useful in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiating, you get what they give you

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Idaho Falls, ID (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

apply online thru company web site, take online assesment.
    Phone interview, interview with department manger, Associate Manager and store Manager.
    Most interviews are to see if you have a personality, and can work with customers and other associates. basic background and drug screen to follow.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with an unhappy customer? How do you get along with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, corporate rate

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Did online application and got email 2 weeks later telling me I will receive a call. Phone interview was 3 questions and then I was scheduled for an in person interview. The manager interviewing me asked questions mostly about past experiences- not too difficult. Just make sure to prepare. After, they extended me a job offer and gave me drug test form to fill out. It took 3 weeks until they called to schedule an orientation. Overall positive experience. Don't panic if you don't hear from them for several weeks, it usually takes them awhile to call you back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge that you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.