The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Office environment, calm relaxed setting. Very friendly interviewer who made you feel listened too and not nervous at all. Talked about experience mostly and why I would want to work for Home Depot

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online questions and face to face interview at store . Lasts for ten minutes. About previous work experiences. Ask if you like to communicate with other people and what you handle in situations of conflict.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunkirk, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dunkirk, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I came in and had no idea where to go. The service desk was very helpful in directing me to the back. I sat and waited for about 15 minutes before they got to me. Most of the questions were standard behavior based questions. Quick and easy after all that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you overcame   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and then a week later I received an automated phone screening call. Near the end of the call, they asked me to pick my preferred date and time for an in-person interview. Had the interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What were some challenges you faced in your previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was short and simple. There was only one supervisor present at the interview and she was very helpful in my opinion. The interview took less than 30 minutes to complete from the start to finish.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a time that I had to train someone to perform my job..   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Parker, CO (US)).

Interview

They call you over the phone to ask you some easy questions. Then when you have a scheduled interview hey bring you into a room where you had to fill out your hours and then you talk to the manager, where he asks you questions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Long Island City, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email the following week about an interview. The interview itself was fairly easy, and the questions were similar to many other simple interview questions. Two days later, I was given an employment offer.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bridgeport, CT (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very Informative about expectations and training process as well as typical experience and how long average person took to get acclimated to the job. Sales Associates don't specialize initially in a single department unless they are specifically hired for a department

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I would handle a specific difficult sales transaction.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

A lot of personal questions. The interviewer was more interested in my personality than my skills or qualifications. She even said, "We're looking for someone who will fit into our family". Experience, qualifications, skills, did not matter.

Interview Questions

• Name something you really wanted and you worked hard to achieve it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was really easy and quick. Typical Interview questions like why do you want to work here and situational questions. I answered to the best of my ability and was my self the whole entire interview. The Manager made me feel really comfortable and it didn't feel like an interview. It felt more like a conversation

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.